PDA

View Full Version : Feel like I'm going insane + self punishment

Body odah Man
February 11th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Ok, so up til the last month I've felt fine. Then suddenly in January I started feeling really messed up. If I was alone I'd have sudden and violent feelings of hate and anger, making me want to punch objects and things. At night I sometimes start laughing and smiling manically. To punish myself for failures I take away things I like to do because I think it's what God wants of me and that he'll be angry if I don't. I sometimes feel like I have other people inside of me and hear inner voices describing all of my faults and tearing down my self delusions. I can't sleep well and when I do I have really vivid and messed up dreams. Also, sometimes I feel like throwing away all my morals and love of virtue and God and embracing my inner darkness.

On the flip side of the coin is sometimes I can feel very happy and kind and sensitive. I laugh and socialize with people and feel so free and light. But then I get afraid or suddenly I feel angry and cruel, especially at night. Does anyone have any advice for me? I'm starting to get worried.

amgb
February 14th, 2016, 04:14 AM
I'm worried about this too - I think you should tell someone about these feelings; someone who will be able to help make the mood swings easier to deal with. It's quite frightening when one moment you're excitable and feeling on top of the world, and then the next you're angry and having thoughts of destroying things and punishing yourself. How is everything else going? Like your memory, eating/appetite, concentration ...those kind of things. Is everything else kind of falling apart as well? I really recommend you get help as soon as you can, hang on does anyone in your family know about these feelings you've been experiencing? If they don't, I think it's a good idea to let a parent or an older sibling know about it so they will be able to support you.

Also, when you say that you were fine up until last month, you've never experienced these feelings/swings in the past? And could it possibly have been something that happened last month that resulted in you entering your current state of mind?

I don't really have advice, but I know you've been struggling with this and I know you're worried about yourself and want help. I think firstly you could try and identify what started triggering all these rapid shifts in mood, and then from there perhaps let a close friend or a family member know what you've been going through. Best of luck for everything~

Body odah Man
February 14th, 2016, 10:15 PM
I'm worried about this too - I think you should tell someone about these feelings; someone who will be able to help make the mood swings easier to deal with. It's quite frightening when one moment you're excitable and feeling on top of the world, and then the next you're angry and having thoughts of destroying things and punishing yourself. How is everything else going? Like your memory, eating/appetite, concentration ...those kind of things. Is everything else kind of falling apart as well? I really recommend you get help as soon as you can, hang on does anyone in your family know about these feelings you've been experiencing? If they don't, I think it's a good idea to let a parent or an older sibling know about it so they will be able to support you.

Also, when you say that you were fine up until last month, you've never experienced these feelings/swings in the past? And could it possibly have been something that happened last month that resulted in you entering your current state of mind?

I don't really have advice, but I know you've been struggling with this and I know you're worried about yourself and want help. I think firstly you could try and identify what started triggering all these rapid shifts in mood, and then from there perhaps let a close friend or a family member know what you've been going through. Best of luck for everything~

Yeah. Also been hearing voices lately (inner ones) which keep making me feel down and like I'm a giant a-hole and deserve punishment, - stuff like that. Haven't told my parents or family yet cuz I dunno if I'm imagining things or making it up or if it's just me talking to myself or not, but they are annoying.
I don't really know what triggered all this. It just started happening really

amgb
February 15th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Yeah. Also been hearing voices lately (inner ones) which keep making me feel down and like I'm a giant a-hole and deserve punishment, - stuff like that. Haven't told my parents or family yet cuz I dunno if I'm imagining things or making it up or if it's just me talking to myself or not, but they are annoying.
I don't really know what triggered all this. It just started happening really

It's okay if you don't know, I hope you haven't been stressing too much over things on your mind..I know you might not be comfortable telling your parents or family members about this, and you only have to if you want to. I just don't want you to feel alone, on top of having to deal with the voices and feelings and mood shifts.

I think your psychologist is the best person to go to, but in the meantime, please try and take care of yourself okay~~

Body odah Man
February 16th, 2016, 03:30 AM
It's okay if you don't know, I hope you haven't been stressing too much over things on your mind..I know you might not be comfortable telling your parents or family members about this, and you only have to if you want to. I just don't want you to feel alone, on top of having to deal with the voices and feelings and mood shifts.

I think your psychologist is the best person to go to, but in the meantime, please try and take care of yourself okay~~

It's not stress exactly, it's just that my head feels really full and crazy. Friend claims it might be an anxiety disorder, so I'm gunna go see a shrink in T minus 90 minutes. Hope it helps