PDA

View Full Version : The Strongest Password

Murk.T.M
February 9th, 2016, 07:04 AM
A few tips on making a strong [email protected]$w0Rb!

1. Base your password on an unrealitic word like dreclesserck , dresser and clock together.

2. Change the letters in your password to symbols. dreclesserck could be b73(1E$s#R(k .

3. Make your password 8 to 12 characters long. A 9 character password complete with letters, uppercase, numbers and symbols can take 44,530 years to crack.

4.Does not contain your user name, real name, or company name.

5.Does not contain a complete word.

!!》 Write your password on a paper And keep it safe 《!!

Hope this helps and feel free to comment!

Sheriff McGregor
February 9th, 2016, 07:21 AM
I have speacial passwords for my most important networks, primary email, Facebook, Instagram, here, and maybe a few other places. If it's not something important enough for me to remember, I honestly just use "password" or "password." I do have stringer ones for more significant networks but I'm not comfortable sharing those.

Ragle
February 9th, 2016, 08:30 AM
I have no strong, but a password about 244 characters long.

Let Me Be a Pony
February 9th, 2016, 10:22 AM
My strongest password is "keylogger".

Kagura
February 9th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Wanna know how to make the world's most unbeatable password? Mash a bunch of buttons on your keyboard :P

Sheriff McGregor
February 10th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Wanna know how to make the world's most unbeatable password? Mash a bunch of buttons on your keyboard :P

You wouldn't be able to remember or know what you typed.

dbfordateam
February 10th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Some one could possibly trace your key board strokes. But I like your idea in theory

Kagura
February 10th, 2016, 01:04 AM
You wouldn't be able to remember or know what you typed.
...But you can save the password on your browser (You can do that in Safari and Firefox. Idk if you can in other ones like Chrome, Opera, etc.)

Sheriff McGregor
February 10th, 2016, 01:09 AM
Makes sense. I get what you were saying. But, if you save the password to a website, all a person has to do is guess your phone pass code and they can access everything without having to guess.

Murk.T.M
February 10th, 2016, 03:00 AM
Makes sense. I get what you were saying. But, if you save the password to a website, all a person has to do is guess your phone pass code and they can access everything without having to guess.
But that's why you write them on paper. Not online.

nobbs66
February 10th, 2016, 08:48 PM
using lines of code as passwords is what I do.

Something like this would be secure: ((~tlb[i].Mask) << 1) & 0xfffff;

StoppingTime
February 10th, 2016, 09:42 PM
https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/password_strength.png
This feels relevant :P

Unfortunately the majority of mine aren't exactly uh, fantastic, but that's just because I've been using the same variant of my password for almost a decade, so why change now.

eric2001
February 10th, 2016, 10:27 PM
Use digits 1-26 that correspond to some word that you can remember.

Uniquemind
February 11th, 2016, 06:14 AM
My dad taught me about 2 or even 3 factor authentication.

I use that.

Typhlosion
February 11th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Mine are boring, but enough to feel safe, I guess. I got a general-use, new general-use, safer one derivate of the new general-use if it's very sensitive, and one only for my email because I can't use the old password I lost when it thought my phone was a hacker or so :hmm:

I also have a 10+ years old account somewhere with the password "pokemon" :P

Edit: I also hate using my phone or alternate email accounts to get anything done.

Reise
February 11th, 2016, 10:45 AM
Most of the time there's absolutely no need of a strong password, the only people that may be interested in your specific Facebook profile are people that already know you.
A 6 characters password only using the primary Latin letters of the alphabet in lowercase has 26^6 possible entries which means more than 300 000 000 possibilities.
Unless your friends use supercomputers and specific programs to crack exactly your password you should be safe with only 6 letters.

For a normal use of computers the only important passwords should be Wifi, email and things like PayPal.
And pirates have better ways to hack your WPA2-PSK than cracking your password.