PDA

View Full Version : Don't know where to turn

Jakeremix
February 6th, 2016, 07:24 PM
First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I'm going to be really brief, because there is no way I could even begin to explain everything. I've been really depressed (for lack of a better word; I'm not trying to diagnose myself with depression) for over a year and a half. In this time, I've self harmed and had thoughts of suicide multiple times—not because my life is bad, but because I hate myself in every way imaginable and my family treats me like shit without even being aware or understanding of it. Today, my parents got extremely angry with me after I called my brother an "idiot" for something he did. My mom said some really awful things to me (in addition to smacking me), and my dad took my doorknob off my door.

Suicide is more prominent in my mind than ever before, and honestly, in my mind, saying that makes me sound like an attention whore. I don't even have a horrible life, and I haven't experienced something traumatic like rape or abuse. Why do I think like this and what am I supposed to do besides lay in my bed and cry?

I know this sounds like a bit of an odd situation, but thank you for any help in advance.

Chapperz16
February 6th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Jesus, send me a msg on my page and I'll try and help dude. What else did you mum do?

Meamo
February 7th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Have you ever talked to your parents about this? Letting them know how you feel about what they do/say , explaining some of what's going on in your head etc.

amgb
February 8th, 2016, 02:23 AM
You are not an attention whore. I see you in a really dark place, but you still deserve to be treated with respect and care. You deserve the good things, we all deserve goodness in life. Absolutely anybody can be depressed; no matter their race, background, culture, age, lifestyle. Anyone can have depression, it's okay. Being depressed very much negatively affects and impacts a person's entire life in all sorts of ways. I know it's hard not to judge yourself for the way you think and feel, and it's even harder when you've got no other place to turn to. I understand the isolation and drowning in your own tears, I want you to know that I've been there and it's alright. It's alright because you are not stuck or lost or trapped in the dark, we are on our way out of it and into the open. We are on our way. We need to tell ourselves that no matter how shit things get and how awful some people can treat us, we'll be alright and we're not letting anything stop us from stepping forward. You will find the right people who will support you through everything, and if you don't have anyone, you've got to reach out. Maybe someone will be there to take your hand.

I'm sorry your family doesn't treat you well...do your parents know exactly what you've been going through? Do you feel that you should talk to someone outside of your family? Self harm and suicidal thoughts are things that are so hard to talk about, and not everyone understands or accepts it as much as you need them to. You've probably heard this alot but the best thing you can ever give yourself is talking to someone about it when you're feeling low. Turn to someone you trust, that's the thing to remember.

You are worthy. Worthy of being listened to and worthy of receiving help. Stay safe, okay~