PDA

View Full Version : Therapist problems

thatgothgirluknow
February 6th, 2016, 03:24 PM
last tuesday me and my therapist i admitted one of the problems ive been having to my therapist the subject was very touchy and we ended up stopping the conversation because i was to uncomfortable but i was still upset so after the session i ended up hurting myself allot and became very suicidal so at our next appointment that thursday he read through my journal entry after reading it he seemed to feel bad he said that we needed to go into some problems slower the problem is that since then im still having allot of problems and hurting myself allot but he doesn't really talk about my problems anymore it seems like he's afraid to trigger me but him not talking about them is just making it worse because now i feel as if i can't talk to him not only that but until now self harm hasn't been much of a problem as long as ive had him and his reaction every time i tell him upsets me he just tells me that i have to try harder and seems to get upset with me but i am trying i made it almost the whole week but i just couldn't take it anymore does anyone know how to fix this?

West Coast Sheriff
February 6th, 2016, 03:50 PM
See if your parents can I find a new therapists.

Deleted User
February 6th, 2016, 08:10 PM
I don't think getting a new therapist is the answer. You clearly are comfortable speaking to this one, prior to this event anyway. Just tell him exactly what you told us and you can try to work out a comfortable halfway point for you two.

thatgothgirluknow
February 7th, 2016, 11:47 AM
I don't think getting a new therapist is the answer. You clearly are comfortable speaking to this one, prior to this event anyway. Just tell him exactly what you told us and you can try to work out a comfortable halfway point for you two.
thx i think i will i really do like this therapist

Meamo
February 7th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Yeah I would try telling the therapist what you just said. Perhaps he will clear somethings up or change his approach.

Microcosm
February 11th, 2016, 08:17 PM
thatgothgirluknow,

You mentioned that he seemed to get upset with you. I'd like to add that I don't think he's actually upset with you, but rather that he might be upset with himself for not being able to make you feel comfortable talking to him.

Best of luck.