PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and depression affecting my education

mmorpglol
February 3rd, 2016, 12:17 AM
Going to school has been increasingly hard for me the last few years, being at school is like torture. Also I guess I never had any friends because of my social anxiety, so I have no one to talk to. About a year ago I had a addiction to prescription pills(mainly to cope with my depression), I recently went to rehab for 8 month, now that I am out in the world again, I found attending public school even more difficult. My parents aren t very supportive of me getting GED or online school. I tried to convince them but no luck. I really can t stand going another day, I am afraid I would relapse

West Coast Sheriff
February 3rd, 2016, 12:25 AM
That sounds tough. My recommendation would be to find an outlet (hobby) own escape pod to combat the stress/anxiety. I personally find exercise a great way to combat stress. Writing gives me a world to escape to. I'm not sure what kinds of things you like to do but, there are ways to help cope with stress.

A great method I've learned to live is letter writing. Write yourself a letter and read it in a week or month. Every time you read a letter, write another one and save it. I've done the letter to myself thing for six or eight months now. I think it really has helped me.

Maybe, tell your parents that this is hard for you and you could really benefit from their support.