PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Advice!

mrfrog871
January 30th, 2016, 01:27 PM
Hello,

I have got two questions to ask all fellow users for some advice regarding swimming. I have just started swimming and looking for some advice. Some question only guys can answer.

Guys Question
What do you wear for swimming? Tight shorts or Loose Shorts?

Others:
How do you care for your skin after swimming?
Do you shower after swim?
- If so, do you shower naked?
Do you have a swimming routine?

Sheriff McGregor
January 30th, 2016, 01:58 PM
I swam a ton in the summer like in the Caribbean, pacific, hotel pools and the rivers we have here in Colorado. I'll wear loose shorts or basketball shorts.

Like two weeks ago i swam at a rec center in swim trunks. I don't often swim but hey, I might like to make it a habit. I did a few laps after lifting (frog style), sat in the hot tub, and then the steam room before showering, naked. I would love to do it again sometime if I'm less pressed for time.

mrfrog871
January 30th, 2016, 04:04 PM
I swam a ton in the summer like in the Caribbean, pacific, hotel pools and the rivers we have here in Colorado. I'll wear loose shorts or basketball shorts.

Like two weeks ago i swam at a rec center in swim trunks. I don't often swim but hey, I might like to make it a habit. I did a few laps after lifting (frog style), sat in the hot tub, and then the steam room before showering, naked. I would love to do it again sometime if I'm less pressed for time.

Thanks Sheriff!

See over in the UK most young people don't shower after swimming. I have taken up swimming for around 3 weeks now! And i've noticed how many people towel dance to put swim short on!

Sheriff McGregor
January 30th, 2016, 05:02 PM
Thanks Sheriff!

See over in the UK most young people don't shower after swimming. I have taken up swimming for around 3 weeks now! And i've noticed how many people towel dance to put swim short on!

Lol I see no need to "towel dance". Like we are all guys here and have the same parts, I don't see the problem

swimjoey1
January 30th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Guys Question
I wear jammers usually speedo or Tyr brand.
Others:
I just shower, but my mom brought some face moisture that sometimes I use.
Yes. You need to shower to get the chlorine off.

Yes. I shower naked. Some pools have open showers some are stalls. At school the showers are open.

Yes I swim like 4 to 5 times a week. I usually do 40 laps free and 30 lap back and a few mixtures of butterfly.
Hit me up if you have more questions. I been swimming since 7.

Hello,

I have got two questions to ask all fellow users for some advice regarding swimming. I have just started swimming and looking for some advice. Some question only guys can answer.

Guys Question

Others:
Are you swimming recreational or competitive?

-merged double post. -Emerald Dream

pconnor2001
January 30th, 2016, 09:37 PM
we wear speedos here for swimming. We change and shower together naked. Ya would get teased reel bad if ya try and change under towel.

Meamo
January 30th, 2016, 09:37 PM
I was on a swim team so I had tight shorts. I shower very well with soap and wash my hair and I use lotion all over my body. (Chlorine dries out your skin :p ) I do shower naked unless I'm with others I kept my shorts on. I used to when I was on the team. :p it was fun.

Harrier
January 31st, 2016, 05:38 AM
When I was on a team I wore both speedos and jammers. If I could choose between the two t would be jammers. But beach, hanging out at pools I go with loose board shorts. Having swum a lot I do know that chlorine is bad on clothes, skin, and especially hair so I shower first in my swim shorts before getting naked and shower with soap. If I'm gonna shower later that day it's a quick shower but if it's my last shower I'll shower real long. If I'm somewhere where nobody else is naked I won't get naked unless I'm on vacation and I really don't give a crap. And I think the towel dance is stupid - partly because I haven't learned to keep a towel wrapped around me for longer than 30 seconds without falling lol.

Splat
January 31st, 2016, 03:31 PM
OK, yes I am a girl but I feel I can answer 😄
It depends what type of swimming you're doing.
I have swum competitively in a team a few years ago and here in the UK the guys only wore those tight shorts/jammer things. There wasn't a single guy in speedos or board shorts.
Recreational swimming I mainly see guys in board shorts. The only people who I've seen in speedos are tiny kids and olddd men.

As for skin care, I wouldn't know what guys do. I only know that the guys that I've swum with competitively have showered after. As for being naked - I have no idea 😂

Desuetude
January 31st, 2016, 06:39 PM
I usually just condition my hair straight after the pool (because the chlorine fucks with it bad) and then shower properly at home, its quicker and easier for me personally. Skin care, you can moisturise when you get out and have showered properly. Its definitely worth it because your skin can get really dry swimming.

Not sure what you mean by swimming routine but I usually swim for an hour, two/three times a week with my club. There's no routine for the sets we do, there's a lot of variety each week.

rioo
February 1st, 2016, 08:20 PM
I wear loose shorts sometimes. I swim 3 or 5 times a month and I always take shower after swim. I mostly showering naked but I take corner space so I don't much see people around.

pjones
February 7th, 2016, 11:27 AM
we swim in the ocean mostly, and i wear a speedo. there are change rooms in a few places with showers and we shower nude, need to get the salt off your body and out of your hair.

Rhys2001
April 3rd, 2016, 12:22 AM
I wear long speedos for training, they go down about 3 quarters of the thigh.
To clean afterwards shower naked to get any chlorine off your skin and wash normally.
When I was in a swimming squad I used to do an hour of intense swimming every week, plus keeping my general fitness up.
Hope this helped

Hudor
April 3rd, 2016, 12:33 AM
What do you wear for swimming? Tight shorts or Loose Shorts? Tight shorts or swim trunks. I find them easier to swim with.

How do you care for your skin after swimming? I take a shower naked and shampoo my hair.

Do you have a swimming routine? Used to but it is an occasional activity for me now.

Kyle37
May 17th, 2016, 10:58 AM
I wear jammers (very tight).

Uhh... I don't lol. Hence why my skin is awful.

Yes, of course.

Yup, otherwise my butt starts to itch, and I can barely sit down.

Not a set routine, but I usually always do front crawl/free style, back crawl and breaststroke to practice. Usually do free style most of the time.