PDA

View Full Version : Blood Tests

Splat
January 28th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Hey!
So today I had my first ever blood test because I've been getting ill more frequently than normal.
As I said in Adventitious's post about 'School shots' I am perfectly fine with normal jabs for meningitis, polio, cervical cancer and goodness knows what else. I end up making conversation with the nurses and all goes fine. I ended up talking to the nurse about mutations yesterday....
Anyway, of course never having a bt before I didn't know what to expect and I was kind freaking out. Honestly, it wasn't that bad lol and when she stuck it in the bottle she let me look at my own blood 😂
But for the rest of the day my actual bone on my elbow has been kinda achy. Has anyone else had this?

StoppingTom
January 28th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Yeah, you're gonna be a bit sore. I've gotten (literally) every blood test you can think of, and I still get sore and lightheaded afterwards.

jsands
January 28th, 2016, 03:46 PM
I've given blood a few times and it does feel like your whole actual arm bone is going to fall off. It should wear off in a few hours/days though.

Shiny Moon
January 28th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Yep, it's normal. I've had my blood extracted twice and it happened both times.

Splat
January 28th, 2016, 04:03 PM
I've given blood a few times and it does feel like your whole actual arm bone is going to fall off. It should wear off in a few hours/days though.

Yeah, you're gonna be a bit sore. I've gotten (literally) every blood test you can think of, and I still get sore and lightheaded afterwards.

Thank you both. I had a meningitis vaccine in that same arm yesterday and it literally felt like my arm was not part of my body this afternoon lol but yeah, it is starting to wear off a bit now

Fiction
February 2nd, 2016, 11:59 AM
I have had to have regular blood tests for the past few years, and then a couple more on top :p It's totally normal I promise. Sometimes you have a blood test and it barely hurts or bruises at all, other times the bruise spreads out right across your arm! It totally depends on how well the nurses did it.

I actually think they're less painful than injections :p I can deal with blood tests absolutely no problems... last time I had an injection? I was shaking and my hands where clammy xD

Cognizant
February 3rd, 2016, 03:01 AM
That's all part of the procedure, depends on how good the Medical Tech is good at drawing blood!

Karkat
February 3rd, 2016, 03:08 AM
I'm so used to all the fucking needle pokes (IVs, ABGs, drawing blood, IMs, shots, blood sugar tests... So. Many. Needles.) so I don't feel as sore anymore usually (except ABGs those things will fuck you up no matter what.)

But yeah that's totally normal