PDA

View Full Version : Does anything weird happen to you when you listen to great music?

HououinKiyoma
January 27th, 2016, 09:17 AM
A couple of years ago, I went to a classical Indian Music recital by a renowned artist, known the world over. Halfway through the program, I started shivering and tears fell from my eyes. A similar thing happened at another such concert.
Today, while listening to The Piano Guys' renedition of Fight Song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI097WG274Q while walking across the street I had a hard time fighting back my tears.

Is this weird or does this happen to others?

Moriya
January 27th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Yes. When I listen to music, especially certain parts, I get that shivering feeling, and it honestly feels nice

The Byrd
January 28th, 2016, 01:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbpw6LG5a8I has me crying every time. For me it's not just about sound but more so context.

Demi1405
January 28th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I get that shivering feeling

Post edited. ~Mars

everlong
January 28th, 2016, 02:59 PM
I get the shivering feeling, it's one of the best feelings out there.

Shiny Moon
January 28th, 2016, 03:21 PM
I never got to the crying point, but I always get those shivers :D

HououinKiyoma
January 31st, 2016, 04:32 AM
Yes. When I listen to music, especially certain parts, I get that shivering feeling, and it honestly feels nice

I get the shivering feeling, it's one of the best feelings out there.

Yeah I guess it is!

Canadian Dream
January 31st, 2016, 02:48 PM
Oh yeah, typical for people who enjoy classical music :). The shivering part actually happens at least once every time I listen to classical music.

Human
February 2nd, 2016, 08:11 PM
Yeah, when I listen to music with a great story in it or behind it I can get shivers, if I can relate to it or it just gives me strong emotions.

Falcons_11
February 10th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Oh yeah, typical for people who enjoy classical music :). The shivering part actually happens at least once every time I listen to classical music.

I also like listening to classical music. When I am studying I will listen to calming pieces like Smetana's "Moldau", Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata", or Tchaikovsky's "The Seasons". I enjoy listening to some operas too.

Abhorrence
February 11th, 2016, 05:22 AM
I definitely get goosebumps and shivers when certain parts of songs are played. Often it is when the part is filled with absolute emotion, only a few vocalists can pull off showing true emotion in their voices.

amgb
February 11th, 2016, 12:53 PM
This definitely does happen to me, I'm getting all shivery listening to that song haha. I've never had both though. I've only either done one at a time; the shivers or the crying. I get the shivers all the time, especially if there's a really pretty note/harmony/melody. I only ever cry with music if it gives me nostalgia, or when I'm feeling down and the music's slowness emphasizes my low mood in some way.

Typhlosion
February 11th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Crying, but not shivering

Bontigo Papi .
February 14th, 2016, 05:14 AM
Those stuff never ever happened to me , but I always have an urge to dance when music is played and I can never stop lol .

West Coast Sheriff
February 18th, 2016, 02:29 AM
I feel the powerful lines come alive. They hurt in my heart. There's a special magic to strong lyrics

Fadedgeo
February 20th, 2016, 05:12 PM
i get eargasms

Pat the Bunny
February 22nd, 2016, 04:34 PM
Tbh I also get eargasms but I feel them in my butt which is yeah. Also one particular song (Beware the friendly stranger by Boards of Canada) gives me ASMR like effects which is cool

HououinKiyoma
February 28th, 2016, 02:38 AM
I also like listening to classical music. When I am studying I will listen to calming pieces like Smetana's "Moldau", Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata", or Tchaikovsky's "The Seasons". I enjoy listening to some operas too.

Thanks for the songs! Will definitely listen to them

BigTex355
March 8th, 2016, 09:20 PM
Certain hip hop songs make me relaxed when im stressed out. But sometimes I get a little sad (not like crying or that emotional) when i remember 2Pac and Biggie are gone.