PDA

View Full Version : Best athlete

Sheriff McGregor
January 27th, 2016, 01:27 AM
Okay I know it's from two different sports but as an athlete who is better? Cam Newton or Steph Curry

Gunter
January 27th, 2016, 06:30 PM
JJ Watt.

SethfromMI
January 27th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Okay I know it's from two different sports but as an athlete who is better? Cam Newton or Steph Curry

just out of these two individuals and not saying the best of all time right? out of these two guys, although I dislike him, I will give the nod to Cam Newton. the man could already do a lot, but this off-season, he learned how to throw the football as well. I personally think with the beating one takes in football, he gets an even greater edge.

that being said I have so much respect for Curry and can easily understand why someone would make a case for him. what he is doing with the Warriors is incredible

edit: I did not realize the poll had an other option. I would have to think long and hard and, but I am not quite sure I would give the best athlete award to either Newton or Curry, though again, understand why they are in the discussion, esp when talking about current athletes

StoppingTom
January 27th, 2016, 08:19 PM
Best athlete of all time? Bo Jackson and it's not even close.

Between those two, I'd say Cam (so happy to see the Panthers in the Superb Owl, been a big fan since 2004)

Sheriff McGregor
January 27th, 2016, 08:37 PM
just out of these two individuals and not saying the best of all time right? out of these two guys, although I dislike him, I will give the nod to Cam Newton. the man could already do a lot, but this off-season, he learned how to throw the football as well. I personally think with the beating one takes in football, he gets an even greater edge.

that being said I have so much respect for Curry and can easily understand why someone would make a case for him. what he is doing with the Warriors is incredible

edit: I did not realize the poll had an other option. I would have to think long and hard and, but I am not quite sure I would give the best athlete award to either Newton or Curry, though again, understand why they are in the discussion, esp when talking about current athletes

Between those two, I'd say Cam (so happy to see the Panthers in the Superb Owl, been a big fan since 2004)

Obviously, Im not saying 'of all time'.

They both just seem to be on fire at the moment.

SethfromMI
January 27th, 2016, 09:32 PM

Bo is a great all time choice. to be a beast at two sports? that is pretty awesome. people may have personal favorites, but Bo has to be high on the all time athlete list, no questions about it

Obviously, Im not saying 'of all time'.

They both just seem to be on fire at the moment.
that is definitely a fair statement

mattsmith48
January 28th, 2016, 12:01 AM
Cam Newton is a fucking beast he will destroyed anyone on his path to the end zone.
Steph Curry is good at shooting 3 pointers in a sports where defence is almost nonexistent

Sheriff McGregor
January 28th, 2016, 12:05 AM
Honestly, my answer is Connor McGregor but I feel as if not enough people know who he he is.

dbfordateam
January 28th, 2016, 12:12 AM
Honestly, my answer is Connor McGregor but I feel as if not enough people know who he he is.

My wrestling team was talking about him three days ago, that man is an absolute beast. I watch some MMA matches and respect the sport. McGregor is a beast. In a sport like that his cardio must be very high. Im in better shape during wrestling season than football season. So it is a fair argument that he is an elite athlete

swimjoey1
January 28th, 2016, 12:35 AM
LeBron James

Harrier
January 28th, 2016, 03:56 AM
Curry. And I'm surprised he's not getting more love. When you say "best athlete" I assume you mean most dominant player/athlete in his sport and not just who is the fastest, strongest, quickest, best jumper. Newton is having an MVP season and is a freak being a great QB in a LB/DE body. However his stats aren't "all-time records". Curry's stats are. Nobody in the history of the NBA has shot the ball as well as him while scoring as much as him. And he often doesn't even play 4 quarters. True the defense in the NBA isn't always stellar, especially in the regular season, but trust me they defend Curry the best they can. He always gets the best defender guarding him, they key off him and say let's let Thompson and the others beat us. Even with the defense keying on him Curry shoots lights out and dribbles around, through, and in circles around the defense.