PDA

View Full Version : I cry when I lose at games.

Daily
January 26th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Go on. Call me a retard, a wimp, insane. Call me whatever you want, everyone else does it anyways.

West Coast Sheriff
January 26th, 2016, 06:34 PM
It's not a mental Illness to cry at losing. And some of us consider the "R" word worse than the "f" (not as in fuck but the homosexual slur. I find it to offensive to even type.) and "n" words. Using the "r" word is offensive to people with special needs and their family members.

I am sorry people say those things to you. People can be cruel.

Daily
January 26th, 2016, 06:39 PM
It's not a mental Illness to cry at losing.

Eh, theres no BPD subforum so I posted here.

West Coast Sheriff
January 26th, 2016, 06:44 PM
Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, when you say "go ahead and call me...",
I doubt you want people to say anything. It seems like instead of venting you are attention seeking. Certain statements can be harmful to people and in this case, by inviting people to say mean words, this can be harmful to you too. It's best to be appropriate when speaking in front of a community. While it is important to express yourself, be aware of your audience. I invite you to message me about anything, so that I may be able to help you. I understand from seeing your posts around that you could benefit from talking to someone.

SethfromMI
January 26th, 2016, 06:48 PM
you do have an actual disorder though right? that type of thing could be the reason why you cry at games, unless you just cry for no reason, which does not sound like it is the case

eric2001
January 26th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Cory, when you lose just start thinking about the next game and what you can do to get an edge. The last game is ancient history.

amgb
January 26th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Well, any mental illness can have diverse effects on how we respond to certain situations, and that's okay because it's all part of the disorder. It does not in any way make you crazy, retarded or wimpy. For example because of bad anxiety, I fly into a panic whenever I lose something like a pencil or a hat or a set of keys etc. And when I say panic I mean I cry, I stress, I feel like smashing stuff; and other people see this and immediately judge that it's over-reacting and making mountains out of molehills. I do agree with Sheriff Romero that in fact you most likely don't want people to call you offensive names. I know alot of people might have done so in the past, but it doesn't mean everyone you come across is like that. Some people can treat others so terribly, and that makes it hard not to believe that there are people who won't and will accept you for who you are. I think it would help if you could talk to someone you trust about your feelings and the problems you experience, it's difficult to deal with things alone. If you ever need to talk about anything, I'm here and I won't judge~

Karkat
February 1st, 2016, 06:20 PM
It's ok to be over emotional when you're frustrated. Sometimes you genuinely can't help that.

However, it might be beneficial to look into ways of making the situation easier. Maybe avoid stressful games, or take a break when something frustrates you, and do something that can help you calm down. As someone who deals with uncontrollable emotions (unsure of exact cause, possibly related to autism [overwheming things= meltdown] or BPD [which isn't something I'm diagnosed with outright, but has been considered a possibility.]) it's draining and only leads to further frustration to leave my emotions unchecked. What I usually try to do is take a break and calm down. Drink water (which calms me down for some reason) or a hot drink. Maybe eat a snack. Watch a funny video. Practice deep breathing (unless I can't control my breathing/am crying- because that can frustrate me further)

Just try to minimize frustration, and learn how to minimize 'damage' once you do get emotional/frustrated. It'll help a lot, and you start to feel more in control of yourself (which can also consequently help lower frustration.)

You're not retarded, or a baby, or anything. I'm almost 20, and I experience this too. Don't worry, man. Just try to deal with the way it affects you and ignore everyone else.

Emerald Dream
February 1st, 2016, 10:10 PM
OP banned. :locked: