PDA

View Full Version : Jstor

Judean Zealot
January 26th, 2016, 08:11 AM
Seriously, why is access so expensive? Does anybody know a way to access papers for cheaper (or free)?

phuckphace
January 26th, 2016, 11:03 AM
capitalist conspiracy to commodify knowledge, kind of like how college textbooks cost 200 bucks apiece after you've already paid them 60 large just to get in.

there was a huge leak of JSTOR loot a few years back that was big news on the Internet, apparently some guy with access did a naughty and gave away a ton of academic papers for free. sadly I don't have the cajones to "acquire" them myself since the leak was basically the criminal equivalent of boarding a flight with a brick of C4 strapped to one's chest. sigh

Judean Zealot
January 26th, 2016, 12:26 PM
capitalist conspiracy to commodify knowledge, kind of like how college textbooks cost 200 bucks apiece after you've already paid them 60 large just to get in.

there was a huge leak of JSTOR loot a few years back that was big news on the Internet, apparently some guy with access did a naughty and gave away a ton of academic papers for free. sadly I don't have the cajones to "acquire" them myself since the leak was basically the criminal equivalent of boarding a flight with a brick of C4 strapped to one's chest. sigh

It's an absolute disgrace, that's what that is. One has no right to withold knowledge funded by the public for profit. When I'm dictator we shall have to figure out a way to destroy this. Ecrassez l'infame!