PDA

View Full Version : Looking for beginners advice on getting fit

Mikeymic
January 25th, 2016, 04:33 PM
I think I'm pretty okay because of my metabolism. but i would like starters advice on how to become consistent or hold myself accountable to working out on a regular schedule

Desuetude
January 25th, 2016, 05:33 PM
Best thing I can suggest is finding someone to do stuff with. That helps with keeping a regular schedule, motivation to get out and do it and its a lot more fun and encouraging than exercising by yourself. Joining a sports club can also be really helpful, if your school or a nearby gym has any clubs you're interested in then you've got the regularity and encouragement there. If you're only interested in going to the gym then the only thing I can recommend is having set times with your friends that you go every week.

dbfordateam
January 27th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Best thing I can suggest is finding someone to do stuff with. That helps with keeping a regular schedule, motivation to get out and do it and its a lot more fun and encouraging than exercising by yourself. Joining a sports club can also be really helpful, if your school or a nearby gym has any clubs you're interested in then you've got the regularity and encouragement there. If you're only interested in going to the gym then the only thing I can recommend is having set times with your friends that you go every week.

I agree with the above. Weekends or friday nights when people are out partying is when I like to go workout. If you decide to get serious maybe make a food plan and workout plan, both can be found on the internet. I think the best motivation you will get is after the first month and you see serious gains, it will make you want to go back for more. Also make a priority list, fit working out into one of the priorities. For example: I have working out over partying, If I already decided on working out Friday and I'm invited to a party that night, I will respectively decline and tell them I already have plans.

GreenSky
February 4th, 2016, 06:25 AM
eat more fruits and start running or go to a gym

West Coast Sheriff
February 4th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Eat fruits/berries earlier in the day. Start of with a big breakfast. Make sure you get a ton of protein in your daily food intake.

Other than that, join a gym if you can or get a good pair of running shoes and start running around your neigborhood.

Do NOT forget the importance of stretching pre and post workout.

LeonardoDiCaprio
February 29th, 2016, 02:30 AM
Here we go ! some useful tips

Gets up early in the morning
Early to bed
Walk 2 or 4 Kilo Meter per day
Drink 6 or 8 Glass of water
Don't drink water after ending of meal
Drink water in beginning and middle of Lunch or Dinner

Sports Boy
March 15th, 2016, 02:41 PM
I think it's really important to have a goal and not just a workout plan, like lifting a certain amount, running a distance race, etc. It's the progress you see towards your goal that can keep you motivated.