PDA

View Full Version : My math teacher is a bitch and I need to get my grade up.

Stand-Tall
January 24th, 2016, 10:46 PM
I seriously need to get my math grade up and I have already tried asking my math teacher for help. Unfortunately she is a bitch and hates everyone.

Anyway I can still get my grade up? I just really don't like math nor do I really care about school that much.

Elysium
January 24th, 2016, 10:47 PM
Of course you can. Try supplementing what help you're not getting from your teacher with websites like Wolfram Alpha, Khan Academy, Mathway, or Desmos. All of them have saved my ass tons of times.

Stand-Tall
January 24th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Of course you can. Try supplementing what help you're not getting from your teacher with websites like Wolfram Alpha, Khan Academy, Mathway, or Desmos. All of them have saved my ass tons of times.

A major problem is we never ever have homework. Like ever. So the only time I have the chance to get my grade up is actually during school

Elysium
January 24th, 2016, 11:19 PM
A major problem is we never ever have homework. Like ever. So the only time I have the chance to get my grade up is actually during school
Wolfram Alpha and Khan Academy are good for learning material and practicing it; they won't assist you with specific homework problems (though Wolfram Alpha could, but it does lots of other things, too). If you know what the unit is or what topic you're exploring in class, you can get extra lessons or explanations from either website.

Uniquemind
January 25th, 2016, 02:06 AM
You're probably going to have to change your mindset too.

The first step is to calm down, actually forget the stress about grades, and approach math like it's a game solving puzzle. The reason for this is negative stress interferes with long term memory learning. Positive stress will help with learning tough stuff like math.

Use the websites cited above but pay enough intention in class to gather the title of what you're doing. Then research and practice the concept with pen and paper as you follow along with (I use Khan academy) until you learn it.

My strategy and recommendation to you is to practice for 45 minutes without interruption, and then goof off for 15 minutes. Then resume another 45 min of study that is undistracted.

zack.zack
January 25th, 2016, 10:07 AM
what about hooking up with one or two of the other kids in your class that have pretty good grades and asking them if they will tutor you -- maybe if you cant pay them, you could barter for their help? Thats what a lot of kids in my school do and it seems to work out.

jsands
January 25th, 2016, 03:13 PM
what about hooking up with one or two of the other kids in your class that have pretty good grades and asking them if they will tutor you -- maybe if you cant pay them, you could barter for their help? Thats what a lot of kids in my school do and it seems to work out.

Where I'm from "hooking up" means something completely different lol To me it sounds like your advocating prostitution for better grades hehehehe (Hey we've all thought of it)

I would relax with the idea that your grade will be determined by exams marked by people other than her so don't worry about her being a bitch. About improving your grade: self-taught/internet classes are probably the best things, as mentioned above, I've used some myself and they can be a real help.

Endeavour
February 17th, 2016, 05:20 PM
As others have said, if you don't care, you don't pass. It's as simple as that. If you are prepared and put the effort in you will succeed. There are websites available to help, such as Khan Academy. Are there any other teachers that you can talk to, or a friend that is good at maths?

Uranus
February 17th, 2016, 09:17 PM
To add on Elysium 's post, you can always try https://scholar.google.com and give it a shot. Everything you search has only educational content which can help a lot

Body odah Man
February 18th, 2016, 06:25 AM
I seriously need to get my math grade up and I have already tried asking my math teacher for help. Unfortunately she is a bitch and hates everyone.

Anyway I can still get my grade up? I just really don't like math nor do I really care about school that much.

Websites, personal tutoring, cheating all are viable ways to success.

northy
February 19th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Websites, personal tutoring, cheating all are viable ways to success.

I disagree. When you cheat, the only person you are cheating is yourself.
Stand-Tall, as others have said, educational websites are excellent. See if you can find a copy of the specification for your course and revision guides or textbooks and try teaching yourself. Try youtube for explanations as well, it often helps if someone else explains it in a different way.
If you get too stuck, send me a message and I will be able to help you.