PDA

View Full Version : masturbation as self harm

thatgothgirluknow
January 24th, 2016, 08:16 PM
ok so ive actually never told anyone this because it's a really weird subject for me im sorry if this is the wrong form but i didn't know were to put it so anyway before i was raped masturbation had seemed normal to me but after i didn't even think of it unless i was extremely upset it became a way of torturing myself because i felt worthless allot of the time ive herd of sex being a way of self harm but never in a way such as this is there anyone else who has ever done this

zack.zack
January 25th, 2016, 01:59 PM
I have read where that could be a form of PTSD and that its done as a triggering or coping mechanism because of what you have been through.

Fiction
January 31st, 2016, 08:31 AM
I have never used masturbation as a form of self-harm, but it does sound a lot like using sex as self-harm which I have done.

Using sex as self-harm was a way of making me feel worthless also. I think they are in very similar veins, so I would definitely say this is not totally abnormal.

rianvice
February 14th, 2016, 07:53 PM
I know this is a bit late but I don't think it is odd. I have not suffered from any sexual trauma (that I have remembered, at least) but I suffer from depression and I use masturbation as a way to make myself feel more worthless sometimes. Depending on my mood, masturbation can make me feel better or sometimes more empty. So during times that I know masturbation will make me feel more empty and I feel absolutely horrible, I will do it to make myself feel worse.