PDA

View Full Version : Two ideas!

Endeavour
January 24th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Firstly, notifications if your post gets liked. Like when you get a notification at the top when you have a new PM, been quoted etc. you would get one if your post has been liked.

Secondly, 'mentioning groups'. Not really sure how to word it other than that. Like when you mention a user, for example me adventitious , you would be able to do @admin for the administrators, or @globalmods for the global mods (Emerald Dreamand Elysium)

Emerald Dream
January 24th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Firstly, notifications if your post gets liked. Like when you get a notification at the top when you have a new PM, been quoted etc. you would get one if your post has been liked.

Secondly, 'mentioning groups'. Not really sure how to word it other than that. Like when you mention a user, for example me adventitious , you would be able to do @admin for the administrators, or @globalmods for the global mods (@Emerald Dream and Elysium)

You are already able to do the first - there is a checkbox for Likes notifications in the Edit Options menu in your User CP. We do realize that sometimes this becomes "unchecked" by itself, though (we're still looking into that).

Elysium
January 24th, 2016, 11:41 AM
You should already be getting notifications for liked posts... Though like Allison pointed out, you may want to double check your settings.

I think that's a fair suggestion, but I don't know how mentions work and I'm not sure if they could be made to work that way. Besides, there are so few of us, it's not that much of an extra hassle just to type our usernames out. :P

Endeavour
January 24th, 2016, 11:43 AM
You are already able to do the first - there is a checkbox for Likes notifications in the Edit Options menu in your User CP. We do realize that sometimes this becomes "unchecked" by itself, though (we're still looking into that).

You should already be getting notifications for liked posts... Though like Allison pointed out, you may want to double check your settings.

I think that's a fair suggestion, but I don't know how mentions work and I'm not sure if they could be made to work that way. Besides, there are so few of us, it's not that much of an extra hassle just to type our usernames out. :P

thank you both :)
Just spotted that in user cp. I've never unchecked it so i don't know why they haven't been coming through

xXl0sth0peXx
January 24th, 2016, 06:14 PM
As Ali said, sometimes it just glitches itself and comes unchecked. We are looking into why though.

As far as the mentioning thing, I don't think that's possible, as usergroups and usernames are completely different. There's not that many of us, tagging us isn't /that/ hard. It's an interesting idea, but one that I don't think is possible.

Endeavour
January 27th, 2016, 02:48 PM
As Ali said, sometimes it just glitches itself and comes unchecked. We are looking into why though.

Aye. Went into by settings. Checked the 'notification for likes' button. Pressed save. Went back into settings. Box was unchecked :(