PDA

View Full Version : One day I'm gonna my left handedness is gonna kill me.

Daily
January 21st, 2016, 08:29 PM
So I'm left handed, and everytime I write on a sheet or any other surface my coated in lead. But recently I got a paper cut on said ring finger and now everytime I write something I have to be slow and lift up the ring finger so I don't get lead poisoning...
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/20/d1/61/20d1615d287245687c8d0ea8c134ad3a.jpg
Looks like this but much less intense.

Elysium
January 21st, 2016, 08:34 PM
It's non-toxic graphite, not lead. Lead has never been used for pencils, actually. So you won't get lead poisoning, but if the cut is bothering you, just clean it and put a bandaid on it so you can write unhindered.

Daily
January 21st, 2016, 08:52 PM
It's non-toxic graphite, not lead. Lead has never been used for pencils, actually. So you won't get lead poisoning, but if the cut is bothering you, just clean it and put a bandaid on it so you can write unhindered.

Its not actual lead? Why the fuck are they called leads then?

Elysium
January 21st, 2016, 08:59 PM
Its not actual lead? Why the fuck are they called leads then?
The first time a large, solid, pure quantity of graphite was discovered, it was in 16th century England. It was mistaken for a different sort of lead instead of what it actually is, which is a form of carbon. So it was originally called "black lead." It's a similar principle to why we colloquially tend to call Native Americans "Indians," even though that's not at all accurate - someone fucked up along the way and the term stuck.

azure moonstone
February 1st, 2016, 10:13 PM
OP banned. :locked: