PDA

View Full Version : What to be...

Collinsworthington
January 19th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Im collins. I'm currently 14 and in 9th grade. Ive been considering options as i just got my schedule for sophmore year. I'm pretty smart, i test in the 85th - 99th percentile in most subjects but i'm not like a genius. i also play football. As i am younger than most kids in my grade im thinking about staying back and repeating freshman year. I would have one year of ball under my belt and be a lot better, this would also put me in a better position to get a scholarship. Also at my high school we have career villages that give you training depending on what u want to be, only 300 of the 2000 kids in my school go though. Currently im in biomed but im thinking of switching to law and justice as im amazing in social studies but honestly suck at math and science.

Wow i just wrote a lot... but my questions for u r

Should i repeat 9th grade?
Should i keep going in biomed as i will already have the first year done
If you are in college what are the biggest factors that determine your acceptance?

Cheers!
Collins

StoppingTom
January 21st, 2016, 04:21 PM
1) If you don't mind being in a different grade than your friends, then I would say it wouldn't hurt to repeat the grade. I wasn't even aware you could choose to repeat the grade.

2) You're better off changing to Law now than in college. Right now you're not paying for your classes, and since you're repeating the grade, you won't be falling behind.

3) I've been accepted into college in November. In my case, I had to send my college my highschool transcript, which includes my grades, Final Exam grades, SAT and ACT scores, and extracurricular activities. Also, you will have to write an application essay when you apply to a school. My college told me my scholarship in my acceptance letter, but usually most schools wait until you fill out your FAFSA form before telling you what scholarships you qualify for.