PDA

View Full Version : American college

jsands
January 18th, 2016, 04:33 PM
Anyone from England or anywhere outside USA really been to University/"College" in America?
How did you find the change? Did you adapt well? What surprised you? What was good/bad?

lacey02
January 18th, 2016, 04:36 PM
I had cousins from Europe come over for HS in the US and both played basketball and even american football. I think they liked it, but it was a big change for them too.

jsands
January 21st, 2016, 07:37 PM
I had cousins from Europe come over for HS in the US and both played basketball and even american football. I think they liked it, but it was a big change for them too.

Are there any major differences i don't already know about or anything only real Americans would know?

Uniquemind
January 25th, 2016, 02:12 AM
Are there any major differences i don't already know about or anything only real Americans would know?

Just languages differences, like torch > flashlight, lift > elevator.

Umm depending on which part of the US you're going too there are regional differences with different American accents, whether patterns, etc.

The biggest difference my UK friends have told me is that when they arrive in the USA, driving on the other side of the car and road is different.