PDA

View Full Version : Binge drinking stomach pain

Desuetude
January 18th, 2016, 02:20 PM
I didn't know if this would get better replies here or in Alcohol Drugs and Meds so eh, move if needs be.

I went out last night binge drinking and today I've had pretty bad stomach pain, it started where it hurt to even laugh and its been getting better over the day but I wondered does anyone know what could have caused it?

I binge drink around once a week at the moment and its never happened before. I didnt throw up, I ate and drank water before going out but I was drinking cocktails all night so it might have been the mixing of drinks or something? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Abyssal Echo
January 18th, 2016, 03:47 PM
I usually drink mixed drinks. mixing mixed drinks is a bad idea. Which is something my mom warned me about and I found out the hard way not to mix liqueur and mixing mixed drinks. If you start drinking Rum and Coke or 7 & 7 stay with that drink.
To answer your question yes I had a similar problem I felt like shit for a few of days.

Desuetude
January 18th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Well I didn't throw up or anything and yeah I don't even know what I had, must have been about 5 different spirits. I just remembered that I went to the gym for the first time in forever a couple hours before so a core workout definitely seems like itd play a big part. I'm an idiot. Cheers for the advice though!

Fiction
January 18th, 2016, 07:56 PM
May just be indigestion type thing caused by alcohol, I've had stomach cramps after drinking too much before. Try taking some rennies, might help :)

jsands
January 23rd, 2016, 10:08 AM
Alcohol strips away/damages your stomach lining, even if you're not sick. This may be what caused it, if it is fading over the day then it is non-serious I expect, but I'm not an expert so always keep an eye on your symptoms.
Binge drinking is not a good idea (obviously) but what this might be doing is giving you slight alcohol poisoning, not all poisoning will mean you have to go to hospital. If you continue this it will make it much worse and damage you.
As other have said it can also give you indigestion, especially all the sugar in the cocktails can make your stomach & bowel very sensitive.

If you're going to keep drinking (which of course you are because everyone does) try to have low sugar drinks and if you have lower alcoholic drinks then you can have more of them and everyone's a winner :)