PDA

View Full Version : No idea what to do with my life

zacharywest04
January 17th, 2016, 11:11 PM
Thinking about careers and my future has really gotten me depressed lately, especially when people keep on asking what I want to do and I have no clue. I'm currently a junior in high school and I need advice on what to do when I grow up. I really love movies, TV, and books but I don't think I'm creative enough to do anything involving them, I'm not very good at coming up with original ideas on my own. I also really want my job to mean something, I don't want to be just another someone doing a 9 to 5 job until they retire and eventually die, having never accomplished anything. I want to leave an at least somewhat lasting legacy when I die. I want a job where I can move up in the ranks of a company I really care about and support such as Disney. I've also wondered what kind of people become CEOs, what kind of educations they had, because I've dreamed about one day being that high up and important in a company. I've also thought about starting my own business but then the whole creativity issue comes up again, I just don't think I'm crafty enough to create anything to build a business around. Sorry for how unorganized nature of this post, I'm just very confused about what I want to be one day.

Endeavour
January 18th, 2016, 11:59 AM
Calm down, you've got a year left before you leave school (I think).
Is there a careers advisor/guidance councillor you can talk to at school?
Good for you not wanting to do a standard 9-5 job, but it will require a lot of work.
What are you favourite subjects at school?