PDA

View Full Version : Exercise motivation

Ratman1234
January 17th, 2016, 01:32 PM
So I really want to start regularly exercising. I'm not unfit but I know I could be fitter. But the problem is I always forget or am just not bothered to. So how can I make myself exercise? Also I have no concrete plan of what to do. So does anyone have any ideas on what my exercise plan can be?

dbfordateam
January 17th, 2016, 11:15 PM
Do you work on the weekends or have time after work/school on the weekdays, you can consume free time by working out with friends. The easiest way is to join a sports team. Another easy way is go to the YMCA or Golds Gym. If you want an exercise routine there are several resources online depending on your needs (Cardio, lifting, Yoga, Sports related exercises)

TeenPortland
January 22nd, 2016, 03:43 AM
Just go when you can: also do some short cardio or weight sets at home. There is an app called Seven that can guide you through it.

Desuetude
January 22nd, 2016, 12:13 PM
The best thing that I find helps with motivation, especially when you're starting out, is to find a friend/family member to exercise with. Then you feel more obliged to go and do it because otherwise you'll be letting them down, you encourage each other and its a lot more fun than exercising alone.

I mean there are so many different sports that you could do, its honestly personal preference. An easy one would be running and build up the distance you run each time. Swimming is another good one because it works a lot of muscles in your body. Joining a gym would be especially helpful if you're serious about getting fit. You get access to all their facilities which would include a pool and courts (if you're into tennis, sqush, badminton etc.) and they'd also teach you how to use the gym and the different machines there. Its all down to you and what you prefer. Just don't put it off and get on with it, that's the best advice I can give you. I love exercising now and that's weird thinking back to a year ago when I would sit in my room 24/7 and practically refuse to move.

Sports Boy
January 30th, 2016, 11:52 AM
The biggest motivator is usually achieving some goal you have set for yourself (lose weight, better athletic performance, look better). If you haven't set a goal, or established a reason to exercise, there is no purpose to exercise. Why do you want to exercise? What do you want out of it? After you decide this, then you establish a plan to get you there.

Sheriff McGregor
January 30th, 2016, 12:15 PM
Set a goal. Work to achieve that goal. Make it a priority.

Harrier
January 31st, 2016, 05:55 AM
Doing it with a partner or a group is always the best so you hold each other accountable. Even if you don't always work out together you can text or FB each other and say hey did you work out yet? Apps are good. Reminders on your phone calendar. Make posters in your room reminding you to work out. Put your face on the body of a fit person with a 6pack reminding you what you want to look like, wear a rubber band on your wrist that you can't take off till you workout, put dumbbells in front of your door at night so you can't get breakfast or shower until you do a quick curl set, put the same barbells on your bed before you go to school so you have to do a few lifting sets before you can go to bed at night.

GreenSky
February 4th, 2016, 06:24 AM
u can search workout plan on the internet, it's hard to find motivation, i can advise to go to a gym

jeny2a
February 8th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Just go when you can: also do some short cardio or weight sets at home. There is an app called Seven that can guide you through it.

thanks... i was looking for help.. an d you gave handy tips.. thanks a lot