View Full Version : Is it an eating disorder?

February 9th, 2014, 08:10 PM
So...recently in the past couple months or so, I noticed I've been eating less and less, and I can no longer eat a full-sized meal anymore.

Before, I'd eat a bagel and banana or something for breakfast, a normal-sized lunch, and a kind of large supper. But now, I don't eat breakfast; at lunch, I'll eat maybe half a wrap or something and maybe some milk. And at supper, I'll eat as little as I can get away with.

Weekends are usually a little sketchy, with food. I'll wake up late (eleven or noon), not eat lunch, and eat a little supper. Like, today for instance...I ate nothing until dinner, which was a peanut butter sandwhich and a muffin. And now I feel very bloated, like after a large holiday meal or something.

And for those that will ask, yes, I do consider myself overweight. I'm 5'7, but I've noticed that I've lost some weight, at least 15 pounds in the past two or three months. I'm not sure how much I weigh, overall.

Is this normal?

Its Pretty
February 10th, 2014, 12:31 AM
A lack of appetite and a desire to starve a different? Could be a symptom of something else.

February 10th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Feeling bloated on a small amount of food does not sound like a good thing at all.
I myself would want my doctor to check into it right away.

February 15th, 2014, 06:10 PM
If you're like me and genuinely forget about food while you're working on something else, that's normal, just try to remind yourself to eat. If you consciously stop yourself from eating when you're hungry, that's an eating disorder. If you have just lost interest in food that's more of a grey area. It can happen as a result of depression and other related things, but it could be something as simple as being in a certain stage of your menstrual cycle where you loose interest in food. Keep an eye on it and try to spot patterns.

February 16th, 2014, 02:44 AM
At this point I would try to eat more regularly and more often. If you are sleeping until noon, you may be running out of wnergy due to low calorie intake.