PDA

View Full Version : I admit it

Babs
January 13th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Well, I admit it, I'm an alcoholic. After a while of drawing a distinction between having "a bit of a drinking problem" as I commonly phrase it and a legitimate addiction, I admit that I'm an addict. Actually, it feels pretty liberating to say it.

Upon realizing that I actually do have several symptoms of withdrawal, I also realized that it's more than what I made it out to be. I guess I should have figured that out sooner when I would a) frequently think to myself about how I would rather kill myself than go sober, and b) try literally anything else to catch a buzz when there's no alcohol available. Not to mention the physical symptoms of withdrawal I managed to miss. Or the fact that I've drank more than my share of mouth wash and vanilla extract.

So yeah. I admit it. If anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

SethfromMI
January 13th, 2016, 10:05 PM
first, congrats on having the courage of admitting to a problem. I would recommend possibly going to an AA group. what better place to get help then from others who admitted the same problem and wanted help. any of them probably started drinking when they were your age so they will know exactly what your going through. the program does not work for everyone, but if you take it serious, it has done wonders for so many