PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. David Bowie

BlackParadePixie
January 11th, 2016, 05:50 AM
I know it might seem weird that someone as young as me would like him...but my older cousin was a huge fan of his, and so growing up I spent alot of time with my cousin and also became a fan of David's.

So he has passed away...and it really sucks.

Maybe if you'd like you can post your favorite Bowie songs...or just leave a message...whatever you want.

Abyssal Echo
January 11th, 2016, 02:29 PM
R.I.P. David (http://www.npr.org/2016/01/11/462627061/britsh-rock-musician-david-bowie-dies-at-69#) you'll be missed.

curryjacket
January 12th, 2016, 12:16 PM
I've been listening to nothing but Bowie the last couple of days. Great artist. He will be missed.

ImCoolBeans
January 12th, 2016, 12:56 PM
David Bowie was legendary. You will be missed and forever admired, rest in peace.

everlong
January 12th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Rest in peace David Bowie

Pat the Bunny
January 12th, 2016, 03:43 PM
I firmly believe "Heroes" is one of the best songs ever. Great and very influential musician, pretty down about his passing. I've been listening to his albums non-stop since I heard the news. At least he got to release an amazing album mere days before his death. RIP

northy
January 12th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Rest in space.

Riley2015
January 14th, 2016, 08:48 AM
I know it might seem weird that someone as young as me would like him...

I like him too. I like older stuff, it beats Bieber or Gaga anytime. Lately i have been listening to a lot of Stevie Nicks solo stuff (she's in fleetwood mac)

This is my favourite Bowie song, probably not one you'd expect. Not one of his better known songs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC0djHMegmc

RiHouse
January 15th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Life on Mars is my absolute favorite David Bowie song and it was the first thing I listened to when I heard about the news of his passing. It didn't matter that I was in the middle of class. It was something that just had to be done. But not to worry, he may be gone, but his music will still live on forever and inspire millions just like he has already.

gothy
January 17th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Bowie was truly one of the greatest artists and musicians to ever exist. Without him, pop music and rock music would never be as we know it. He inspired many of our favourite artists. I will name a few:

Lady Gaga
Alice Cooper
Marilyn Manson
Nirvana (and everyone else who followed)
Madonna (and thus everyone else who followed)
Nine Inch Nails
Evanescence
and so many others.

His music has inspired my own musical work both directly and indirectly through other artists I listen to.

He will certainly be missed.

:(
Favourite songs

Changes
Life on Mars
Space Oddity
The Man Who Sold the World
Lazarus
Black Star
Fame