PDA

View Full Version : Fade?

ECSTASY
January 9th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Hi . It's been a long time since I stopped self harming .
But still , there are a few scars left on my wrist that don't make me remind really good memories .
I feel regret now and I'm just looking for a way to make them fade , are there any ways to make them disappear completely?

Vanilla Cupcake
January 9th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Hi . It's been a long time since I stopped self harming .
But still , there are a few scars left on my wrist that don't make me remind really good memories .
I feel regret now and I'm just looking for a way to make them fade , are there any ways to make them disappear completely?

How old are the scars? I was going to say vit E oil but that may only work for new scars. I have seen some scar creams at the drug store though, can't hurt to try.

Deleted User
January 9th, 2016, 02:19 PM
There are products like vitamin E and Bio Oil that work to some degree. Bad scars will never fade completely, especially if they're raised above the skin. I have a number that will never go away, even after four or five years. You learn to accept them for what they are and the fact that they are there. I've even considered laser removal but there are risks in that as well.

Try a couple of products if you want to but the most it will really do is remove some of the redness hopefully.

ECSTASY
January 9th, 2016, 02:27 PM
Well the scars are for two years ago i guess . Does it cost much to remove it using lasers ? What are the risks of that?

Deleted User
January 9th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Well the scars are for two years ago i guess . Does it cost much to remove it using lasers ? What are the risks of that?

Yes, it costs a lot; it's essentially cosmetic surgery and it will not be covered by any health plan. Also, the general risk is that the scarring could be worsened. Not many people take this option unless they have very severe scarring from major accidents or injuries or, in my case, very extensive and severe scarring that could potentially impede my ability to follow the career I want. It's definitely not plausible for everyone.

Try something like Bio Oil or Mederma but keep in mind these products take months to work if they do at all.

xXoblivionXx
January 9th, 2016, 09:52 PM
i don't know if they ever will go away permenently. I still have my scars from 4 years ago but they are very light and you don't notice unless you are looking at them.

thatgothgirluknow
January 9th, 2016, 10:27 PM
not all scars fade completely but most will at least get lighter with time the main problem with laser surgery is that it often leaves scars worse than the ones that where there before

ECSTASY
January 10th, 2016, 02:42 AM
Seems like the only way is getting used to it

Meamo
January 12th, 2016, 11:41 PM
My friend used to cut a lot on her arms. This was a longtime ago. Now you can barely see her scars.

ECSTASY
January 13th, 2016, 02:23 AM
My friend used to cut a lot on her arms. This was a longtime ago. Now you can barely see her scars.

mine isn't much clear on the first look too . its too light to get someones attention . People usually don't see the scars unless they focus on my wrist.
but the only one who is mainly annoyed is me . It makes me remind bad memories .

Con1792
January 13th, 2016, 02:34 AM
Trust me they will fade away eventually.

Don't be annoyed, we are all human and way more people than you would think are walking around with the same scars.

You should be proud its been so long since you stopped and one day just knowing what its like to feel like that might help somebody else

Abhorrence
January 13th, 2016, 06:42 AM
Scars don't ever disappear. If they are still red then they can be faded with Vitamin E oil or products containing that but once they are white they have practically faded the best they can. It sucks but you will get over it eventually. I'm planning on tattooing over mine.

Meamo
January 13th, 2016, 09:43 AM
mine isn't much clear on the first look too . its too light to get someones attention . People usually don't see the scars unless they focus on my wrist.

but the only one who is mainly annoyed is me . It makes me remind bad memories .

Yeah don't let them annoy you. You fought a battle, and you won :)

Abhorrence
January 13th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Yeah, I agree with this so much. Feel good about your scars, it means you're over it. Maybe they signify a bad time but they also signify the fact that you are stronger now. :)

Meamo
January 13th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Yeah, I agree with this so much. Feel good about your scars, it means you're over it. Maybe they signify a bad time but they also signify the fact that you are stronger now. :)

Exactlyyy :)

ECSTASY
January 13th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Trust me they will fade away eventually.

Don't be annoyed, we are all human and way more people than you would think are walking around with the same scars.

You should be proud its been so long since you stopped and one day just knowing what its like to feel like that might help somebody else

Scars don't ever disappear. If they are still red then they can be faded with Vitamin E oil or products containing that but once they are white they have practically faded the best they can. It sucks but you will get over it eventually. I'm planning on tattooing over mine.

I'll try not thinking about it much . Thank you all so much for the answers guys . Glad that i can see some nice and caring people like you all .

Meamo
January 13th, 2016, 04:14 PM
I'll try not thinking about it much . Thank you all so much for the answers guys . Glad that i can see some nice and caring people like you all .

Glad I could help :)

CheshireCat
January 23rd, 2016, 11:02 PM
I understand how you feel, I have old scars from 2-3 years ago too. I've been using Bio-Oil and while I haven't seen a change in texture (they're kinda raised) they have lightened in color quite a bit. Maybe that would help?

ECSTASY
January 24th, 2016, 02:36 AM
I understand how you feel, I have old scars from 2-3 years ago too. I've been using Bio-Oil and while I haven't seen a change in texture (they're kinda raised) they have lightened in color quite a bit. Maybe that would help?

Mine is too light that even my friends havent noticed yet when i wear t shirts . But its annoying for me myself . I guess it wont get lighter

Fiction
January 31st, 2016, 08:34 AM
Echoing what everyone else said, they probably won't fade any more after 2 years. Bio oil works wonders, but really only on more recent, still red scars.

You really do just have to learn to accept them. Everyone i've spoken to about this usually ends up in a position where they wouldn't get rid of them even if they could, myself included. I've had them so long they're just a part of me. They're hard to accept at first, but it does seem to happen eventually.