PDA

View Full Version : Am I Weird?

sourpatchkat
January 8th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Hi, I'm new here and joined mainly cuz I have a question.
I'm 14 at around 90 pounds (a normal weight for 5'1" apparently) and I haven't ever had my period yet.
I don't know if there's anything wrong with me bc I'm developing pretty normally: A cup breasts and have been wearing a bra since gr 6, normal to minimal discharge daily which is white, and all that. My family history is generally between 13-14 but I'm turning 15 late this year so I'm starting to worry.
I masturbate frequently (about 4-5 times weekly) does that have anything to do with it?

neledisapersonne
January 8th, 2016, 07:56 PM
I dont think masturbating should have anything to do with it but sometimes it comes later than expected. Seeing the things you ahve to go through after you have it I can say later the better but if it is disturbing you, you might go see a professional about it in my opinion. They will be able to tell you if anything is wrong. Your development and your sex drive would be affected by it if you had a problem though...

and also you are not weird at all... never think anything like that

Posts merged. Next time, please use the "Edit" button. ~Elysium

Vanilla Cupcake
January 8th, 2016, 08:38 PM
I think I heard somewhere that if a girl doesn't have enough body fat that might affect getting a period. Don't quote me though.

I have had only one period and I was suppose to get another one this month and so far nothing has happened. So I'm confused as well.

BlackParadePixie
January 8th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Some girls get them later than others. Your situation isn't too out of the ordinary, just be patient :)

caged_owl
January 8th, 2016, 09:17 PM
I'm 14 at around 90 pounds (a normal weight for 5'1" apparently) and I haven't ever had my period yet.
I don't know if there's anything wrong with me bc I'm developing pretty normally: A cup breasts and have been wearing a bra since gr 6, normal to minimal discharge daily which is white, and all that. My family history is generally between 13-14 but I'm turning 15 late this year so I'm starting to worry.
I masturbate frequently (about 4-5 times weekly) does that have anything to do with it?

please dont worry. I didnt get mine until I was almost 15 and I am about your size :)

On average I heard that girls with more bodyfat generally hit puberty earlier because the more weight you carry the more ready your body is to support a baby...

but like everything I think thats not always what happens

playfull-qt
January 9th, 2016, 12:19 AM
Everyone is different. If you think there is a problem seek out help from a family member or doctor.

Splat
January 9th, 2016, 05:32 AM
I think I heard somewhere that if a girl doesn't have enough body fat that might affect getting a period. Don't quote me though.

I have had only one period and I was suppose to get another one this month and so far nothing has happened. So I'm confused as well.
I will answer your problem as well as Kat's, below.

So firstly, statistics: it has been found the the normal ages for girl to start their periods between the ages of 10 - 17 although it is possible to start before and after those ages.
Also, they generally come 2 - 3 years after you start developing boobs and / or pubic hair.

As you've started having discharge it shouldn't be too long because that is normally what happens just before too.

(VanillaCupcake might find this useful as well as you):
90lb is generally classed as slightly underweight for that height but of course we can't see body shape here etc. And although VanillaCupcake is right about people with low levels of body fat starting late, it only really applies to people like gymnasts and such who train so much that they are basically pure muscle with little to no fat.
Periods are also very irregular for the first 2/3 years although it does depend from person to person. (I am still a little irregular after 5 years, ie it might come a week earlier or later than planned) but definitely in my first year, I would have periods months apart which is totally normal.

Lastly, don't stress. Stress is known to cause periods to get out of whack.

So seeing as you are around the age from your family history, a healthy weight and you have boobs and discharge, you shouldn't be waiting too long and you probably will end up with it before late this year.

There are vitamin things that are made for specific genders in my country called wellkid, wellgirl, wellman etc and the wellgirl ones help to sort out teenage hormones that might help you.

If you are still worried, go to see a GP/doctor - there's no harm and it will put you at ease.

gemma 2000
January 9th, 2016, 08:33 AM
You're not weird don't worry. I've just turned 15 and not started puberty yet.

Taryn98
January 9th, 2016, 08:49 AM
It happens to everyone differently so don't worry. But if you really think something might be wrong, you should talk to your doctor.

tulolita2015
January 9th, 2016, 09:21 AM
The best thing you can do is talk to your mother and ask her to take you to your doctor. Some girls have imperforate hymens just given an example. A doctor is the best can help you.

LITTLEANGEL17
January 9th, 2016, 09:30 AM

Welcome to V.T. I did not start mine to I was 14 and they are still not completely regular yet.
I would masturbate usually 3 times a day, and I would say masturbating does not affect your periods, just make sure you are not using anything that could hurt yourself with. X

Vanilla Cupcake
January 9th, 2016, 12:51 PM
I will answer your problem as well as Kat's, below.

So firstly, statistics: it has been found the the normal ages for girl to start their periods between the ages of 10 - 17 although it is possible to start before and after those ages.
Also, they generally come 2 - 3 years after you start developing boobs and / or pubic hair.

As you've started having discharge it shouldn't be too long because that is normally what happens just before too.

(VanillaCupcake might find this useful as well as you):
You are right, 90lbs is a normal weight for your height. And although VanillaCupcake is right about people with low levels of body fat starting late, it only really applies to people like gymnasts and such who train so much that they are basically pure muscle with little to no fat.
Periods are also very irregular for the first 2/3 years although it does depend from person to person. (I am still a little irregular after 5 years, ie it might come a week earlier or later than planned) but definitely in my first year, I would have periods months apart which is totally normal.

Lastly, don't stress. Stress is known to cause periods to get out of whack.

So seeing as you are around the age from your family history, a healthy weight and you have boobs and discharge, you shouldn't be waiting too long and you probably will end up with it before late this year.

There are vitamin things that are made for specific genders in my country called wellkid, wellgirl, wellman etc and the wellgirl ones help to sort out teenage hormones that might help you.

If you are still worried, go to see a GP/doctor - there's no harm and it will put you at ease.

Thankyou for all that great info! :)