PDA

View Full Version : How do I stay calm when off my meds?

SkullyHedgehog
February 9th, 2014, 04:31 PM
I am trying to take myself off of my meds. I want to possibly go into the Navy next year as a master-at-arms(it's their form of law enforcement), and pretty much have no chance of getting into the military if I am on medications for mental illness. Right now I'm 17, so if I ween off of them now, it won't be on my perminant medical records. Has anyone else taken themselves off of their anxiety medications,, and how did you cope with the feelings that got you put on medication in the first place?

AwkwardTurtle22
February 15th, 2014, 08:44 AM
You shouldn't do that. I stopped taking my anxiety pills cold turkey a while ago and now I'm kinda a mess. Talk to your doctor/therapist about your concerns and maybe. They can help

LunaLiuna
February 23rd, 2014, 04:03 PM
You shouldn't do that. I stopped taking my anxiety pills cold turkey a while ago and now I'm kinda a mess. Talk to your doctor/therapist about your concerns and maybe. They can help

Can I ask how your a mess? do you mean the coming off the medication messed you up?

I'm having pretty big problems with my medication I'm on at the moment, and I'm pretty scared that they're doing more harm than good.

drmindfreak
February 23rd, 2014, 05:31 PM
There is no way

LunaLiuna
February 23rd, 2014, 07:34 PM
There is no way

What do you mean?

AwkwardTurtle22
February 26th, 2014, 09:04 PM
Can I ask how your a mess? do you mean the coming off the medication messed you up?

I'm having pretty big problems with my medication I'm on at the moment, and I'm pretty scared that they're doing more harm than good.

Well at first I was pretty depressed because the pills were keeping me stable or they were suppose to. I feel like I was so used to being sad or numb that when I started taking meds and the numbness went away I felt like something was missing. By the way I was on zoloft. I really advise that you talk to your doctor before stopping but if you have already set your mind on stopping on your own, at least try to tapper off. Also my grades dropped a lot but that's cause I can't concentrate and grasp all the concepts taught in class. and I guess I've had a lot more stress/depression/hopelessness since i stopped but in comparison to what I was a year ago when I had my incident and started meds I'm better but I'm still not where I want to be.

btw, if you ever want to talk to me about anything feel free to leave me a message any time :)