PDA

View Full Version : Need someone

Valerie
January 7th, 2016, 06:59 PM
I was curious to see if this sort of thing existed so I Googled "teen forum" and here I am! I am feeling quite desperate for someone to talk to as my life has crumbled down around me and I feel I've no one to talk to who'll really understand and listen and not think of me as a troubled person. I've been feeling down lately and I've been missing school and I can't afford to as it's my exam year, I can't face it at the moment though. I haven't been very concerned about my studies as I felt my mental health mattered more, if someone reads this and relates or just wants a chat, please send me a pm and I'll definitely reply. Thank you!

xXoblivionXx
January 8th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Hi Valerie

Welcome to the forms :)

Because you have under 100 posts you can PM yet, you can however send people VMs on their profiles or converse through replies on this post.

I do relate. It's hard to find the balance between mental health and achedemics. You really need to know your limits so you don't push yourself into somewhere that isn't safe/healthy. The big piece of advice that I can give you is to not give up on your studies. Yes, if you get too stressed take some personal time but do not blow it off.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 8th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Hi Valerie, I know how you feel. When you get to 100 posts, let's talk :)

Microcosm
January 10th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Valerie,

Reading your post here is quite nostalgic for me because I'm pretty sure when I first joined I remember thinking and googling the exact same thing, and here I am.

Firstly, welcome to the forums. I think you should stick around here because I think you will find a very caring support group and that is one of the most helpful assets you can have right now.

I think care towards your studies could benefit your mental health. It may give you something to think about and work towards, but you should still totally put care towards your mental health as well. I think the trick is finding the balance.

I'm totally here if you need to talk. As has been previously stated, Private Messaging is not allowed on this forum until a user meets the requirement of reaching 100 posts. I think you'll get there relatively quickly though once you get used to using the forum.

I hope things work out for you with school and your mental health. :)

Angelssmile
February 5th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Hi sweety, focus on the small things first. You have school high on priority - so you must have been a good student.
Sometimes things aren't as bad as they seem.
Study well. IF one thing is under control, others will fall in line too.

You are not alone, ever. IF you want you can contact me through my website, if not for the healing then just for a chat.

Either ways know that it is okay, and many have been where you are including me. :)

Love yourself.