PDA

View Full Version : School shots

Andrew02
January 6th, 2016, 07:09 AM
I have to go get shots for school but parents won't tell me how many.
How many do you usually get? What's the most they can give you?

Liam2015
January 6th, 2016, 08:49 AM
we got 2 i believe

Voodoo
January 6th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Depending on how many you need, it depends how many are not up to date. It can be from 1 - 6.

Abhorrence
January 6th, 2016, 11:16 AM
Puberty For All :arrow: VTGH

Endeavour
January 6th, 2016, 12:12 PM
I have at the start of February and I'm getting two.

Andrew02
January 7th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Depending on how many you need, it depends how many are not up to date. It can be from 1 - 6.

6! :eek: I think I'd run for it if they try to give me that many.

northy
January 7th, 2016, 04:15 PM
It really does depend what they are. Most common jabs are combined these days, e.g MMR is a combined vaccine and the flu vaccine is also a combined one. Expect one at a time and no more than two.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 7th, 2016, 06:09 PM
IDK, my mom doesn't vaccinate me, she doesn't believe in them and says they can do more harm then good. I'm rarely ever sick!

tovaris
January 8th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Have no idea. What country?

hogwartsthestral
January 11th, 2016, 06:42 AM
IDK, my mom doesn't vaccinate me, she doesn't believe in them and says they can do more harm then good. I'm rarely ever sick!

I don't believe in fire. Let me just go jump in that bright yellow thing over there with smoke coming off it and see how it turns out. *sigh*

Vaccines are real, they're safe, they work. And they prevent serious diseases. You owe it to yourself, you have a right to be vaccinated, go get your shots. Insist on being allowed to and threaten to call child protection/helpline if you aren't. It could save your life.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 11th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I don't believe in fire. Let me just go jump in that bright yellow thing over there with smoke coming off it and see how it turns out. *sigh*

Vaccines are real, they're safe, they work. And they prevent serious diseases. You owe it to yourself, you have a right to be vaccinated, go get your shots. Insist on being allowed to and threaten to call child protection/helpline if you aren't. It could save your life.

I'm sorry but I would have to disagree with you on this one. Vaccines may very well prevent some disease but they can also kill people and cause adverse side effects.
If you look a little deeper into vaccines other then the daily news you will see that the government secretly has a different agenda.

I know of many kids that were fine until they got vaccinated and then ended up with autism and other things.

It doesn't happen to everyone but the risks are there.

For instance, this new vaccine for girls, it has some serious side affects on some girls and apparently it might be given to make girls sterile by the time they are adults. Why? Well to keep the population down.
It sounds bizarre and it sounds bizarre for a reason, it's so people won't believe it.
If people didn't believe the mainstream news and do what is advised then the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business.

One more thing, you don't need a flu shot to keep the flu way, all you need is lots of vitamin D, it's proven to be more affective. This is never told though because there is no money to be made.

Anyways, I'm sure this is too deep for this forum and probably of no interest so I will leave it be.

hogwartsthestral
January 11th, 2016, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry but I would have to disagree with you on this one. Vaccines may very well prevent some disease but they can also kill people and cause adverse side effects.
If you look a little deeper into vaccines other then the daily news you will see that the government secretly has a different agenda.

I know of many kids that were fine until they got vaccinated and then ended up with autism and other things.

It doesn't happen to everyone but the risks are there.

For instance, this new vaccine for girls, it has some serious side affects on some girls and apparently it might be given to make girls sterile by the time they are adults. Why? Well to keep the population down.
It sounds bizarre and it sounds bizarre for a reason, it's so people won't believe it.
If people didn't believe the mainstream news and do what is advised then the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business.

One more thing, you don't need a flu shot to keep the flu way, all you need is lots of vitamin D, it's proven to be more affective. This is never told though because there is no money to be made.

Anyways, I'm sure this is too deep for this forum and probably of no interest so I will leave it be.

It sounds bizarre because it's completely untrue. Pretty much everything in this post is way off-base. I'm not going to argue with you though, it's beyond the topic of this forum. For everyone else though, do some real research, learn how important vaccines are, and understand that all of that is... frankly absolutely untrue.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 11th, 2016, 06:57 PM
It sounds bizarre because it's completely untrue. Pretty much everything in this post is way off-base. I'm not going to argue with you though, it's beyond the topic of this forum. For everyone else though, do some real research, learn how important vaccines are, and understand that all of that is... frankly absolutely untrue.

Well it depends what your source is, here is a site of truth you might wanna take a peak at.

http://www.naturalnews.com/042012_vaccine_facts_vaccine-damaged_children_CDC.html

SethfromMI
January 11th, 2016, 07:27 PM

it can depend on a lot of factors. in addition to these some other factors could be but not limited to specific shots which are required for your specific state/school district.

Dygarde
January 11th, 2016, 07:59 PM
So for High School we were strongly encouraged to get 4 shots, i say strongly encouraged because it was not required to go to school. With that in mind, if you didn't get the shots you were unable to participate in sports. Also a flu vaccine and (Since this was the pandemic at the time) a swine flu vaccine. Although I still got both, the vaccines supposedly helped get me better faster. Although I will not get into this debate I will throw in a few cents to the whole Vaccinate/Dont Vaccinate debate that happened here.
I feel it is unnecessary to debate over whether or not to receive a vaccine since everyone here can make their own decisions about what to do. Most of our parents still house and take care of us, as is their "job". If they decide that we shouldn't get a vaccine or seek medical attention, they have a reason they believe is good enough to make that call. Now days children turn to outside help which is great, but often for the wrong reasons. Many of you here are still under their roofs so at least show them the courtesy and respect that they deserve. There is no reason to argue when you do not fully understand each others reasons.

hogwartsthestral
January 11th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Well it depends what your source is, here is a site of truth you might wanna take a peak at.

http://www.naturalnews.com/042012_vaccine_facts_vaccine-damaged_children_CDC.html

I prefer science to conspiracy theory sites. I'm sorry but I'm still laughing at the idea of Natural News being called a "site of truth" - its probably the biggest pile of lies and BS you will find anywhere on the internet.

Your beliefs on this aren't just wrong - they're incredibly dangerous, for your own health and those around you. I sure hope you tell any potential partners you aren't vaccinated and don't believe in vaccines so they can protect themselves from you.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 12th, 2016, 12:53 AM
I prefer science to conspiracy theory sites. I'm sorry but I'm still laughing at the idea of Natural News being called a "site of truth" - its probably the biggest pile of lies and BS you will find anywhere on the internet.

Your beliefs on this aren't just wrong - they're incredibly dangerous, for your own health and those around you. I sure hope you tell any potential partners you aren't vaccinated and don't believe in vaccines so they can protect themselves from you.

That was just one site, but there are tons of others. I'm not offended that you disagree, I'm actually smiling because I knew that you would come back and say that.
As for telling partners that I'm not vaccinated against the measles, mumps, chickenpox and all the others, What would it matter, because they are probably vaccinated and couldn't catch anything from me and I couldn't catch anything from them if they are vaccinated correct?

How about I tell you that you're correct and Everything I read about vaccines being harmful is incorrect so that you can feel all big and proud?
I think you need that so let's leave it at that :lol:

hogwartsthestral
January 12th, 2016, 03:19 AM
That was just one site, but there are tons of others. I'm not offended that you disagree, I'm actually smiling because I knew that you would come back and say that.
As for telling partners that I'm not vaccinated against the measles, mumps, chickenpox and all the others, What would it matter, because they are probably vaccinated and couldn't catch anything from me and I couldn't catch anything from them if they are vaccinated correct?

How about I tell you that you're correct and Everything I read about vaccines being harmful is incorrect so that you can feel all big and proud?
I think you need that so let's leave it at that :lol:

The problem with research on the Internet is you can always find a lot of people to agree with whatever insane views you hold. Sites like Natural News and its companion, InfoWars, only serve to bring nutters together.

My worry for your partner is that you haven't received the HPV vaccine, because as you note, it is only given to girls in much of the world (including here in England). Even in countries where guys can get it, like the US, far more girls are vaccinated due to the cost and marketing. But HPV can devastate boys too - penile cancer, anal cancer, and most likely, oral cancer. If I was a boy I'd travel abroad if needed to get it it is such an important vaccine. The only reason they don't get it is our NHS are cheap and have this insane theory that vaccinating one gender protects both. What about gay guys? What about guys who make the mistake of having a partner like you? They don't deserve to die of cancer because of who they slept with.

But that's the current situation here. The NHS won't even pay for circumcision. Preventative health care for boys is undervalued here and it is sad.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 12th, 2016, 09:12 AM
The problem with research on the Internet is you can always find a lot of people to agree with whatever insane views you hold. Sites like Natural News and its companion, InfoWars, only serve to bring nutters together.

My worry for your partner is that you haven't received the HPV vaccine, because as you note, it is only given to girls in much of the world (including here in England). Even in countries where guys can get it, like the US, far more girls are vaccinated due to the cost and marketing. But HPV can devastate boys too - penile cancer, anal cancer, and most likely, oral cancer. If I was a boy I'd travel abroad if needed to get it it is such an important vaccine. The only reason they don't get it is our NHS are cheap and have this insane theory that vaccinating one gender protects both. What about gay guys? What about guys who make the mistake of having a partner like you? They don't deserve to die of cancer because of who they slept with.

But that's the current situation here. The NHS won't even pay for circumcision. Preventative health care for boys is undervalued here and it is sad.

First of all, I am not a nut, I could call you names too for believing the mainstream news like the rest of the sheep.
Second of all, I don't have a partner, I'm still a virgin.
3rd, routine Pap smears and the use of Condoms is far more effective then this shot you think is so great. It has only been out for about 6 years and has not been proven to prevent cancer and in fact is now showing that it just may cause cancer!
I am guessing you get your information from sites like Web MD which are highly funded by the pharmaceutical companies to give false information, along with many others. As are their false clinical trials!
I think that your just one of many that is afraid of the truth and would rather stick with the heard, but I am not and I never will.
I think you should dig deeper!
Here is another site which I'm sure you will bash as well, but maybe others in here might like to read it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/16/unproven-hpv-vaccine-safety.aspx

hogwartsthestral
January 12th, 2016, 12:20 PM
First of all, I am not a nut, I could call you names too for believing the mainstream news like the rest of the sheep.
Second of all, I don't have a partner, I'm still a virgin.
3rd, routine Pap smears and the use of Condoms is far more effective then this shot you think is so great. It has only been out for about 6 years and has not been proven to prevent cancer and in fact is now showing that it just may cause cancer!
I am guessing you get your information from sites like Web MD which are highly funded by the pharmaceutical companies to give false information, along with many others. As are their false clinical trials!
I think that your just one of many that is afraid of the truth and would rather stick with the heard, but I am not and I never will.
I think you should dig deeper!
Here is another site which I'm sure you will bash as well, but maybe others in here might like to read it.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/10/16/unproven-hpv-vaccine-safety.aspx

There is ZERO scientific evidence that any of the three approved HPV vaccines can cause cancer, so quit spreading lies.

I saw (I searched looked at other posts in your profile) that you had melanoma. Why did you let the doctors you mistrust so much treat you for this? Is it because you knew that you'd die if you didn't?

Guess what? Vaccines are the same. Smart people invented them to save lives. Vaccines are safe, they work, and this has been repeatedly proven through research. End of story.

MartyG
January 12th, 2016, 01:33 PM

So Vanilla.....Natural News tells the truth when nobody else will? Take a look at who owns Natural News....and what that site is all about. Please?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News

Vanilla Cupcake
January 12th, 2016, 03:17 PM
So Vanilla.....Natural News tells the truth when nobody else will? Take a look at who owns Natural News....and what that site is all about. Please?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_News

Yes I see that and no matter what wiki says it doesn't change anything, vaccines can be dangerous.
Yes he is a conspiracy theorist but it is the conspiracy theorists that do the deep digging to find the truth about things.

He is big on all natural things and natural cures etc, and in my opinion I think that's great!

You can look at many other sites with findings/ proof about things that would shock you. But if you would rather be blind to it, then so be it.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 12th, 2016, 03:29 PM
There is ZERO scientific evidence that any of the three approved HPV vaccines can cause cancer, so quit spreading lies.

I saw (I searched looked at other posts in your profile) that you had melanoma. Why did you let the doctors you mistrust so much treat you for this? Is it because you knew that you'd die if you didn't?

Guess what? Vaccines are the same. Smart people invented them to save lives. Vaccines are safe, they work, and this has been repeatedly proven through research. End of story.

I'm not going to argue with you, people are free to believe what they want.
I never said I mistrusted doctors, I just said vaccines can be harmful.
What more evidence does one need then real people with real stories of how they became sick after getting a vaccine?
Your obviously a believer in them and hey, that's fine, go ahead and get them it does not bother me in the least. I don't dislike people that get them, that would be silly.
For the record I do like doctors and yes we need them!

hogwartsthestral
January 12th, 2016, 04:36 PM
I'm not going to argue with you, people are free to believe what they want.
I never said I mistrusted doctors, I just said vaccines can be harmful.
What more evidence does one need then real people with real stories of how they became sick after getting a vaccine?
Your obviously a believer in them and hey, that's fine, go ahead and get them it does not bother me in the least. I don't dislike people that get them, that would be silly.
For the record I do like doctors and yes we need them!

Then trust doctors. And as for evidence, hmm, how about a scientific study? ONE peer-reviewed study that hasn't been retracted by the journal it was published in after it was proven the results were faked (the one and only study that ever showed harm from vaccines was a fraud, that's since been retracted).

Here's a good video you should watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgpfNScEd3M

Abhorrence
January 12th, 2016, 05:05 PM
This section is not the place to have a debate, if you want to continue this discussion then make a separate thread in ROTW and I'll merge the posts over but please don't continue to argue on a thread that was asking a simple question. Thank you.