PDA

View Full Version : Living with Epilepsy

Beach_Blonde
January 5th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Just wondering if anyone else suffers from epilepsy and how you manage. Also the frequency of seizures and if you have any restrictions or things you can't do? Also were you born with itnor did you get it from a head injury? Also do you get migraines because of your epilespy? And do you know or can tell when your about to have seizeure?

I got my first seizure about 6-7 months ago shortly after being in a car crash. My doctor says the more time that past the more accustomed I will get to it. But Im having a really hard time. I cant really do anything that I use to love to do and I always have to have someone around. The worst part is that I have to be homeschooled now. Doctor says I might be able to actually go back to school before I graduate but its best for me right now to be home schooled.

So if there is anyone else out there whos going through or gone through the same thing I would really really love and advice or help you can offer.

TimMyself
January 5th, 2016, 06:39 PM
When I was younger a good mate had (and still has) epilepsy, when we were at basketball practice he got a seizure from time to time. But it didn't get in the way of enjoying basketball.
Now we both stopped playing and became coaches, because he is a good mate I followed some first aid courses and such, I know perfectly how to react when he has a seizure so his players (kids of about 10 years old) don't have to be scared

I just want to say, despite he isn't allowed to drive a car he has a normal life

Endeavour
January 10th, 2016, 03:17 PM
One of my long-time friends has epilepsy.
She does participate well in school, she is in a lot of sporting clubs and her seizures (which are less common now compared to back in primary school) in the way that much.