PDA

View Full Version : Norovirus/stomach flu

Fiction
January 5th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Okay so we think I have Norovirus (or stomach flu as those in the U.S. Call it) Started off feeling a bit sick around 6 hours ago and it very quickly progressed to vomiting. I was vomiting every 20 minutes for about 5 hours and this last hour is the only time it's shown any sign of slowing.

I'm aching like hell and just want to be able to keep down some painkillers so I can sleep.

So my question is, has anyone else had this, and how long where you vomiting for?

I've already done a thorough Google so no links to webpages please, I'm asking for people's personal experience.

northy
January 6th, 2016, 05:45 PM
I haven't had it, but here's a little advice. Drink lots and stay away from other people. Eat plain food as you are more likely to keep it down. Add a little salt to some squash to help replace lost electrolytes.
This will help you feel better.

SethfromMI
January 6th, 2016, 07:28 PM
lots of fluid and lots of rest. drinking stuff like Gatorade will help replenish a lot of the stuff going out. as far as the vomiting, it can depend. usually when I have the flu, the actual vomiting part does not last more than 24 hours for me, but it can. hope you feel better soon

Fiction
January 7th, 2016, 05:49 AM
I haven't had it, but here's a little advice. Drink lots and stay away from other people. Eat plain food as you are more likely to keep it down. Add a little salt to some squash to help replace lost electrolytes.
This will help you feel better.

lots of fluid and lots of rest. drinking stuff like Gatorade will help replenish a lot of the stuff going out. as far as the vomiting, it can depend. usually when I have the flu, the actual vomiting part does not last more than 24 hours for me, but it can. hope you feel better soon

Thanks guys :) feeling much much better now, just a bit achy and tired but otherwise much better!

tovaris
January 8th, 2016, 04:13 PM
NEWER GOOGLE YOUR SIMPTOMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwhise drink lots of liquid, make yourself some camomile tee, get protein

Vanilla Cupcake
January 8th, 2016, 08:48 PM
I have had this and I vomitted for about 8 hrs straight, it's horrible.
Here in Canada you can get something called Gravol, which helps nausea, I don't think you can get it in the USA but maybe there is something similar?
I hope you feel better soon.