PDA

View Full Version : Texting problem, need help please!

Doc. Maestro
January 5th, 2016, 08:01 AM
Hi guys! Essentially I didn't know where else to go, I tried all over the net but couldn't find a solid fix, and I was wondering if you guys had any ideas.

Essentially, I'm trying to text somebody, and it's really weird. What happens is my text just says "Not delivered", and fails to send. Meanwhile, the other party is able to actually text me back, and I actually received her message, while mine just keeps failing. I tested with other people, and the messaging works both ways with everybody but her.

Some other useful information:
-I have an iPhone 6, she has a Samsung Note 4
-Yes, I have checked the number, it's 100% correct considering she actually texted me
-Yes, I have tried stuff with "Send SMS", "MMS", and a bunch of different settings, turning them on and off, and even tried restarting my phone, deleting and readding her to my contacts
-Yes I am willing to try some of these again, if I can get more detailed explanations than "Try turning this on and then doing stuff"
-We are both on Telstra in Australia, the same service provider
-No, I don't know where she lives but that is an unlikely cause
-Yes I have tried calling her, it just says "The number you have called is not connected, please check the number before calling again (repeats)... VWG... 8" and then it cuts off the call

Anyway, I hope I can find a solution, she's pretty cool and I'd like to be able to chat with her and stuff. Thanks guys, always appreciate the help :)

YouTube
January 6th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Did she previously have an iPhone?
Can she receive messages from other iPhone owners?

Doc. Maestro
January 6th, 2016, 01:25 AM
Did she previously have an iPhone?
Can she receive messages from other iPhone owners?

She had an iPhone 5 years ago, so if the problem hasn't come up in that time then it probably isn't the reason

YouTube
January 6th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Is her number listed as a mobile on the contact you have for her?

Microcosm
January 6th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Yan Hearn,

The only possibility I see right off the bat is that she either intentionally blocked you or accidentally blocked you. That can happen. If they block your number, it will say that I think

Uniquemind
January 7th, 2016, 01:16 AM
When technology doesn't work write a letter, and ask for a trace.