PDA

View Full Version : Fat people everywhere

thatonekidjacob
January 4th, 2016, 10:29 PM
Why does everyone make fun of America for having nothing but fat people? There's fat people all over the world. Other countries have problems with obesity. Plus most of the people I know here are in good shape, or athletic, or at most are just a little chunky not like fat. It feels like a myth to me.

Shiny Moon
January 4th, 2016, 11:20 PM
There's a high obesity rate in the USA, one of the highest in the entire world in fact.
According to the WHO you have to blame fast food restaurants for that: http://www.who.int/bulletin/volumes/92/2/13-120287/en/

Some interesting links:

http://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-statistics/Pages/overweight-obesity-statistics.aspx
http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-10-fattest-countries-in-the-world-2014-11

And it's not funny, it's a pretty serious situation.

thatonekidjacob
January 4th, 2016, 11:44 PM
Yeah one of. Not the only one. That's my point. Why don't they make fun of other countries?

Melodic
January 5th, 2016, 12:00 AM
I do get annoyed when people make fun of people for their weight, regardless of the country they live in. Yes, there is a high obesity rate in America. Yes, everyone should be healthy physically and mentally. That doesn't mean we should make fun of others for what shape they are.

Also, Weight isn't the only way to determine how healthy a person is. I could name off a list of people who eat very unhealthy yet have managed to keep a good figure.

Obesity is a problem here. It's a problem everywhere. And yet, there are still millions of people starving everyday. It really depressing, actually.

My point is, We shouldn't be making fun of everyone. We should all be encouraging others to have a healthier lifestyle. Not insulting them.

phuckphace
January 5th, 2016, 12:46 AM
Murika's obesity rates are padded out by a """"certain group"""" which I won't name but will refer to as the EBT kru for the purpose of this thread. this group is characterized by the inability to make responsible life choices, and thus when they are handed a fully loaded food stamp card it is invariably spent on cholesterol and corn-syrup laden junk food. if the EBT kru is subtracted from the statistics, our obesity and diabetes rate tacks much closer to Europe's (and so does our violent crime rate).

the next time a European cracks a sneering fat joke, inform them that they're being racist and you literally c a n n o t e v e n, works errytime

Harrier
January 5th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Ummm actually America is very obese. Fact. Gets worse every year. Its a problem. Much more than skinny people being snobs. Obesity causes healthcare costs to go crazy. Tell me one country that has similar obesity rates to America. Not Asian countries. Not African countries. Not South American countries. Not Australian/Pacific countries. Very few if any European countries. Perhaps food stamp Americans are more obese than non food stamp but that's hardly the only economic group that struggles. Wealthy and middle class are also very fat. Its just people who eat tons of food, crappy food, and never ever move.

phuckphace
January 5th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I hear meth is excellent for weight loss too

TimMyself
January 5th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Flesh is for humans
Bones for dogs..

(In english it sounds like really weird)

sweettayla
January 5th, 2016, 08:29 PM
Why does everyone make fun of America for having nothing but fat people? There's fat people all over the world. Other countries have problems with obesity. Plus most of the people I know here are in good shape, or athletic, or at most are just a little chunky not like fat. It feels like a myth to me.

Americans are called fat because they are.

Jinglebottom
January 5th, 2016, 10:07 PM
No wonder. America was/is birth place of many fast food chains such as KFC, McDonalds, Burger King... so that's not surprising at all!

thatonekidjacob
January 5th, 2016, 11:35 PM

I'm not fat.

sweettayla
January 6th, 2016, 07:25 AM
I'm not fat.

Well done! What your secret?

thatonekidjacob
January 6th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Well done! What your secret?

Why are you being mean?

sweettayla
January 6th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Why are you being mean?

l'm not being mean, the truth hurts sometimes.

Plane And Simple
January 6th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Keep it peaceful here guys and girls. Thank you

SethfromMI
January 6th, 2016, 07:40 PM
l'm not being mean, the truth hurts sometimes.

no your being ignorant. I am not fat. Jake is not fat. a lot of people are not fat. America does have a high rate of fat/obese people, but that does not mean everyone is fat

Microcosm
January 6th, 2016, 09:39 PM

Stereotypes ftw

dbfordateam
January 17th, 2016, 11:24 PM
To All,
As a football player (CB/SS) (weigh 170 during this) , wrestler (get below 160 during this) Track and Field (PV and 100m) (Around 155-165 pounds during this season) I am in very good shape, a lot of my teammates are too. Does anyone observe that high school students seem to be less "obese" than other age groups, even our linemen are powerful and strong, over 225 pounds but fit with pretty good muscles definition? I think High schoolers are more likely to go workout and be on a team whereas adults who work all day are confined to a desk. Can anyone run the numbers on this please, just seems like an interesting idea (highschool body fat% vs Adult body fat%).

A response is gladly appreciated....

Harrier
January 18th, 2016, 03:41 AM
To All,
As a football player (CB/SS) (weigh 170 during this) , wrestler (get below 160 during this) Track and Field (PV and 100m) (Around 155-165 pounds during this season) I am in very good shape, a lot of my teammates are too. Does anyone observe that high school students seem to be less "obese" than other age groups, even our linemen are powerful and strong, over 225 pounds but fit with pretty good muscles definition? I think High schoolers are more likely to go workout and be on a team whereas adults who work all day are confined to a desk. Can anyone run the numbers on this please, just seems like an interesting idea (highschool body fat% vs Adult body fat%).

A response is gladly appreciated....

I don't have any numbers. But it's common knowledge that the metabolism in a teenager is the highest it will ever be in that person's life. Metabolism for people that don't know is the body's natural way of burning fat. In addition to that high metabolism add in the activity factor you mentioned of doing sports (not all teens play sports of course though - the bigger the school the less likely. At my old small private school like 50% played one sport or more but at my huge public school it's more like 15%). Of my athletic friends our body fat % probably averages 8%. I think I heard most adults in America are over 20% body fat!!! And the average I think is over 25% and gets worse every year. Also remember there's a saying about the "freshman 15" that happens in college where most freshman gain 15 pounds their first year. So probably not best to guage American obesity by 3 sport high school athlete

Harrier
January 18th, 2016, 03:51 AM

I'm not fat.

no your being ignorant. I am not fat. Jake is not fat. a lot of people are not fat. America does have a high rate of fat/obese people, but that does not mean everyone is fat

I could be wrong but I don't think sweettayla was being mean or ignorant, just generalizing. I think when people say "Americans are fat" I think they're really saying America has one of the highest obesity rates of all countries. Not literally - like all 300million Americans (or whatever it is) are fat. I mean obviously there are average Americans, skinny Americans, even anorexic Americans. People make generalizations. Like yesterday I said Saturday Night Live sucked - because I watched it for like an hour and it was pretty awful. But then I remembered one sketch made me lmao. But 1 out of 15 is pretty awful. So I stand by my generalization.

GreenSky
January 28th, 2016, 09:28 AM
the problem of fat ppl is cheap mcdonalds food

dbfordateam
January 29th, 2016, 01:11 AM
the problem of fat ppl is cheap mcdonalds food

yea but I also eat McDonald's once a week but I stay in very good shape. Exercise must also be taken into account, and especially the type of exercise. Sprint intervals work miracles on people

GreenSky
February 1st, 2016, 06:14 AM
i eat mcdnalds too but it does not affect me... but not every one like workouts, most ppl are just lazy

phuckphace
February 1st, 2016, 11:35 AM
it isn't just unhealthy food that's the issue though, it's a total lack of self-control plus self-medicating

unhealthy food has been a thing for a very long time but the obesity epidemic didn't take off until a couple decades ago (in the 50s they fried everything in lard and were still skinny af)

Jinglebottom
February 1st, 2016, 12:24 PM
Someone needs to create a drug that accelerates metabolism.

dbfordateam
February 2nd, 2016, 11:48 PM
Someone needs to create a drug that accelerates metabolism.

A signal would have to be received by a receptor molecule and somehow stimulate an increase of metabolism. But naturally you can increase it with certain foods... I have no idea on specifics but from a general viewpoint, the probably have already made a supplement for increased metabolism.

Tyler97
February 5th, 2016, 04:52 PM
I'm on the opposite side of most people, no matter how much I eat, I can't seem to gain weight. I eat over 2500 calories a day, I force myself to eat even when I'm not hungry, but no luck. You guys who have problems with gaining too much weight don't know the problems with it being difficult to gain weight, it's a REAL problem and I'm not the only one with this problem. Good luck to those trying to lose weight, I wish you could donate your weight to me.