PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CC vs CS6

redrider12
January 4th, 2016, 10:09 PM
Wazzup folks -
I'm starting to get back into editing after a short hiatus. I went to repurchase the new CS (I think 5.0 was the last one I owned) but apparently Adobe went greedy on me and decided to charge a monthly fee for this CC thing. So I found an $8/mo subscription on Amazon that includes Ps and Lr. I never really used Lr in the past but this looks cool.
For those of you who do a lot of retouching, what do you think of CC? What's new since the 5.0 Creative Suite? Anyone want to show me the ropes again?
Thanks All

Reise
January 4th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Photoshop CC has a directly integrated 3D editing system. Before that with CS6 you had to take Photoshop Extended. That's the big new thing.

If my memories are good Lr is like a "light" version of Ps "exclusively" for photography.

I like CC although it shares with CS6 exactly the same interface.

phuckphace
January 5th, 2016, 04:52 AM
CS6 Extended masterrace

Steve Jobs
March 18th, 2016, 06:47 AM
Lightroom and Photoshop are very complementary applications. Lightroom basically serves as a Bridge, for processing, metadata and handling of light retouching (yes, it's more powerful than you think) as well as a place to store all your media. You won't regret using it as a tool in years to come if you start organizing your media properly.

Photoshop has changed pretty drastically since CS5. It's more snappy, and has added features almost all-around. It's not a big monthly subscription, the price of two coffees gets you access to the latest updates and improvements!

Freckles
April 7th, 2016, 05:00 PM
I use Photoshop Elements and it does most of what I need to do.

Sonicomsk
April 8th, 2016, 08:54 AM
cs5 forever
im using old pc and as i was learning photoshop from cs5 - its like first love, lol

Endeavour
April 24th, 2016, 03:36 PM
I use Photoshop CC, has some nice features .

Setasailforparadise
June 13th, 2016, 07:27 AM
I've just used the CS6 and it works really really good.