PDA

View Full Version : what to wear running in winter

swimjoey1
January 4th, 2016, 01:28 PM
I want to start running and in canada right now it's below freezing. I do have a pair of Nike running tights, and I was wondering do you wear shorts over them? I don't want to show my junk cause there's girls I run with. I tried running in sweats and it's gross.

Harrier
January 5th, 2016, 06:54 AM
I run track and cross country. I run every day. It was 5 degrees here yesterday! It was freaking cold! I ran 60 minutes too! I actually warmed up the last 30 minutes. I think wind is the worst part of winter running and even though it was just 5 degrees, the wind was basically nothing. I wore good winter running gloves (you can wear thick ski gloves, just not as comfortable), a winter running ski mask (very important in very cold running, again not a thick ski mask, get a thin running one), layered tops (short sleeve technical shirt, long sleeve technical or wool shirt, and good running jacket ), shorts and rainproof running pants. Even with good shorts and running pants the coldest part of my body BY FARwss my junk!!! Ears, face, and hands can get cold but I had them well covered. My dick and balls basically shrunk to the size of a 6 year old. Idk if you have ever spent much time outside exercising in such cold but it's freaking scary for a guy lol. I ran alone that day but sometimes we run from school and shower after and it's both scary and hilarious how much shrinkage happens! I would never let a girl see that lol!!! But to answer your question yes when I wear running tights I never wear shorts over the top. I sometimes see that look but it's not popular where I live. And if a girl sees my bulge I see that as a good thing lol.

YouTube
January 5th, 2016, 10:53 PM
I usually wear tights under shorts and sweatpants over that until I get warmed up to the point wear I need to shed a layer.

I also wear a tee shirt and a jacket with a hood (some people call them "hoodies").

As for gloves, make sure you get some really insulated ones that are good for cold weather. I made the mistake of picking up a pair that were "thinsulated" and every single run I have used them on my fingers still freeze! I will probably get a cheap pair and put those on under the other ones.

Also, don't forget about your ears! I got ear muffs that fold up for easy carrying when not in use and they are great! Only downside would be that I have to leave an ear uncovered so I can hear a teammate if they are talking to me.

Make sure you cover your ankles too because the cold breeze will just make the weather seem worse.

Hope this helps!
Enjoy cold weather training!

thatonekidjacob
January 5th, 2016, 11:34 PM
I want to start running and in canada right now it's below freezing. I do have a pair of Nike running tights, and I was wondering do you wear shorts over them? I don't want to show my junk cause there's girls I run with. I tried running in sweats and it's gross.

I see people wearing shorts over them so yeah do that.