PDA

View Full Version : he's really dying

thatgothgirluknow
December 31st, 2015, 12:43 AM
an hour ago i got a msg from my older sister in ohio that my dad is dying and he is in hospice i haven't talked to him in months and my sister thinks i hate him all because i got mad at him and posted something when i was venting he never even saw the post in fact i have never ever told him that i was mad at him or even spoke badly to him in anyway literally never i spoke little to him because i didn't et the chance often but i always said that i loved him when i found out he was dying i broke down i called my closest friend and told him but i didn't help i just needed someone to understand i can't see him or even really talk to him my sister made me promise to be nice before she even called me and handed him the phone she wouldn't even give me the number what did i do so wrong i never hated him i never even said that i and my phone ran out of minutes when i was talking to him i only got to say a few words the last thing he told me was that he was proud of me for joining ROTC i never even knew he payed attention i didn't know he cared i never got the chance to spend much time with him and my family on my moms side mostly hated him i can't even tell my mom because i scared she'll make fun of him because he's dying because of his drinking and she always said that if he died i would at east get a check and it would do the world a favor well she got her wish but i won't tell her i don't even know why i care i was so upset but now im just numb i never brake down like this anymore im sorry im posting this i just feel like i cant really talk to anyone and i need to vent

The Byrd
December 31st, 2015, 01:16 PM
Golly gee. I don't even know what to say. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Just remember, everyone here on VT is here to support you and I'm sure you've got lots of friends and family to help you too. Whatever happens, don't overthink it, just enjoy your time with him.

Exotic Babe
December 31st, 2015, 03:26 PM
Finished reading this post with tears in my eyes. I feel so sorry for you! I'd suggest if it's still possible, you should talk to him as much as possible, even if that's over the phone. Let him know that you love him no matter what... Take the most of the time he still has left.

thatgothgirluknow
December 31st, 2015, 04:31 PM
Golly gee. I don't even know what to say. I can't imagine what you're going through right now. Just remember, everyone here on VT is here to support you and I'm sure you've got lots of friends and family to help you too. Whatever happens, don't overthink it, just enjoy your time with him. that's the thing i don't have friends and family my dads side of the family thinks i hate hi for some stupid reason and my mom hates him so i don't even plan on telling her he's dying she wanted him dead anyway

Finished reading this post with tears in my eyes. I feel so sorry for you! I'd suggest if it's still possible, you should talk to him as much as possible, even if that's over the phone. Let him know that you love him no matter what... Take the most of the time he still has left.
thanks im gonna try to get a hold of him tonight but im not sure what to say to him truthfully i just never got to spend as much time with him as i wanted

The Byrd
December 31st, 2015, 04:34 PM
that's the thing i don't have friends and family my dads side of the family thinks i hate hi for some stupid reason and my mom hates him so i don't even plan on telling her he's dying she wanted him dead anyway

Don't worry, we're all here for you if you ever need anything :)

thatgothgirluknow
December 31st, 2015, 04:36 PM
Don't worry, we're all here for you if you ever need anything :)

con99
December 31st, 2015, 08:30 PM
that's the thing i don't have friends

You do, thatgothgirluknow! You have us. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through but my thoughts are with you and I'm always here if you want to talk. :hugs:

thatgothgirluknow
January 1st, 2016, 02:56 AM
You do, thatgothgirluknow! You have us. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through but my thoughts are with you and I'm always here if you want to talk. :hugs:

THx :) you guys are amazing

Uniquemind
January 1st, 2016, 10:16 PM
If you can go see him personally. Drop whatever your doing and go see him most places of employment or work or school have exceptions for family life/death situations.

outback4
January 2nd, 2016, 11:38 PM
i think you should definetly do everything you can to try and talk to him. buy more minutes for your phone (for your father dying you can spend the money) and try to get your sister to let you talk to him. so sorry, this must be horrible :'(