PDA

View Full Version : Weird facts about your country

Inflation26
December 30th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Hi guys,

I just came up with this game on the bike. What you do is name a weird fact about your country/hometown/state etc. I'll kick off.

In the Netherlands we call pedestrian crossings 'zebrapaden' which literally means zebra path. It's called that way because the roads are black and the stripes in the road which show you where to cross are white. Black and white stripes= zebra.

Jinglebottom
December 30th, 2015, 05:43 PM
Fact: People drive better when they're drunk than when they're sober.

Endeavour
December 30th, 2015, 05:56 PM
If a dead whale washes up on a British beach, It must first be offered to the royal family before anything can be done to it. Traditionally it was said the head belonged to the king and the tail to the Queen. I don't think any monarch has actually took advantage of the law I believe.

KeeganW
December 30th, 2015, 06:55 PM
The USA has one royal palace that was used by Kings and Queens, in Hawaii

Reise
December 30th, 2015, 07:14 PM
In France almost everything is closed around noon and on Sunday.
Topless at all beaches is very frequent, and totally normal.
The country France has its largest terrestrial frontier with is Brazil.

northy
December 31st, 2015, 10:36 AM
Near where I live, there is an annual tradition of chasing cheese down a reeeally steep hill, virtually a cliff.
People break their backs and all sorts. You can find this on YouTube.

Jinglebottom
January 2nd, 2016, 10:05 AM
Ok I have a good one: Saying "air" in public is considered inappropriate and could earn you quite a few dirty looks from bystanders. :D

Hint: "air" is a slang for male genitalia in arabic.

eric2001
January 2nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
It has me for a citizen.

Exotic Babe
January 2nd, 2016, 10:55 AM
Estonians invented Skype.

lacey02
January 8th, 2016, 10:24 AM
some states or counties in the US do not follow daylight savings time even though the rest of states in their time zone do...

tovaris
January 8th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Fact: people are either read or white (politicaly) you can always start a day long argument ba mentioning either the partisans or the home guard