PDA

View Full Version : 2016 BMW 7 Series

Inflation26
December 30th, 2015, 07:07 AM
Hi everyone,

A while ago I got a preview of the new BMW 7 series and I thought I'd share some of it with you.

It has a tablet in the rear seat center console which let's you control everything in the car. All the window blinds, 3 out of 4 seats (of course not the drivers seat), the climate control and also the color of the lighting (blue, yellow, green, red and all different shades of those colors). On the front seats are two really big screens which you can see things like navigation or movies on. Technically there is even a way to connect a PS4 or Xbox One to the screens but I am not sure how that would go.

There is an enormous amount of space in the back. If the driver is on the left and you're sitting on the right in the back you can move the seat in front of you towards the front if there is nobody sitting there to give you even more space. Enough space to fit in someone who is 6 foot 3.

The massage seats are incredible. You get a different setting for every part of your back you want massaged and different intensity settings. it's just really good.

some other nice features:
-Wine cooler between the two rear seats
-fold out desks where you can put a laptop on (max. 13 inch)
-the sunroof has an option to show a night sky full of stars. you don't really see it during the day but it's amazing at night.
-You can control the front screen of the car by using gesture control. you can pick up the phone by swiping your hand in front of the screen or change the volume and radio station (not seeing this being used a whole lot)
-The sound system in this car was a Bowers & Wilkinson Surround Sound system. It is a $6500 option...
-let's say you have a really tight garage or the last parking spot is too tight to open the doors and get out. You can get out of the car and use the touchscreen key fob to park the car into the spot and when you get back you can back it out of the spot again.

that's about it. Obviously I didn't get to drive it since I am too young to drive :( so I can't say anything about that.

I can hear the S-class/ A8 enthousiast say "Are there any down sides to the car you biased prick?"

Well yeah. For one the way it looks. You like it or you don't. This version wasn't too bad but I like the version with an M-sports package way more. But doesn't that count for every car? An S8 looks nicer than a normal A8 and I like the S63 AMG better than an S300

P.S as a bonus I'll post some pictures of a really nice BMW M6 convertible that was there as well

Plane And Simple
December 30th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Beautiiful car really. Not my kind of drive to be honest, but the tech level on them is pretty neat. To say something I don't like, I'd go for the chrome finish on the center console. I don't think this car deserves that, and it looks ugly to me really, no matter what car it's in. Pretty M6 as well, great stuff, thanks for posting :)

P.S: I don't know how accurate the volume control via gesture might be, but I see that as more of a showoff feature that something useful. When you're driving you want precise input, and I doubt that gesture will be as precise as the volume knob

Inflation26
December 30th, 2015, 07:28 AM
Beautiiful car really. Not my kind of drive to be honest, but the tech level on them is pretty neat. To say something I don't like, I'd go for the chrome finish on the center console. I don't think this car deserves that, and it looks ugly to me really, no matter what car it's in. Pretty M6 as well, great stuff, thanks for posting :)

P.S: I don't know how accurate the volume control via gesture might be, but I see that as more of a showoff feature that something useful. When you're driving you want precise input, and I doubt that gesture will be as precise as the volume knob

yeah the volume control has a delay of a second before the volume goes up or down. this means that you keep spinning your finger and the sounds goes up way too high. I don't really like it either but maybe it brings something useful in the next generation cars

northy
January 1st, 2016, 01:41 PM
*Checks bank balance*

Nice car. I don't think I'd spend that much on one though

Infidelitas
January 2nd, 2016, 02:18 AM
I'd rather have 10 brand new $20,000 cars than one $200,000+ one.

I think you're just paying for the badge. Yes, they're nice cars but I don't see the value.