PDA

View Full Version : How do I help my friend?

Iwassooriginal
December 29th, 2015, 07:53 AM
I'm more of the quiet type and am quite awkward. So when my friend told me she was cutting herself I really didn't know what to say to her. She thought I was angry, and discusted by her but I wasn't I just wanted to help her and I was sad that she self harms. When we see each other at gymnastics I pretend like nothings wrong because we have a good time there and there's a lot of little kids running around and they like to listen to our conversation's but sometimes we text each other about it. A lot of the time bc I don't know what to say or how to say it, it come across bad or mean and I upset her. I don't mean to bit I do. She still won't tell me why she self harms I ask to show her I care but I understand if she's not ready to tell me. Does anyone have any advice on what to say or do? Any help would be greatly accepted.

youmakemewannadie
December 29th, 2015, 12:33 PM
The best thing to do is let her know that you're there for her and always will be. She clearly trusts you as she has confided in you so don't break that trust by telling anyone else unless she is in serious danger. I cut and my friend knows and it's really good to know she is there when I need her. So give your friend as much love and support as possible. Good luck x

Iwassooriginal
December 29th, 2015, 09:17 PM
The best thing to do is let her know that you're there for her and always will be. She clearly trusts you as she has confided in you so don't break that trust by telling anyone else unless she is in serious danger. I cut and my friend knows and it's really good to know she is there when I need her. So give your friend as much love and support as possible. Good luck x
Thank you