PDA

View Full Version : Getting Over Social Anxiety

Will1997
December 28th, 2015, 07:55 PM
Hey guys!
I don't have a real diagnostic of social anxiety by a doctor, but I have many symptoms. I am not really looking to see a doctor about it and would prefer to resolve it myself. I was wondering what exactly are you supposed to do to overcome social anxiety. I read about the subject and people mostly suggest that you should try to expose yourself to anxiety prone situations. However, I don't want to seem like a fool either. See, I don't really have an issue with people I know. I am an extrovert with friends but I get really shy when I am with new people. So, suggestions to talk to these people at school that I don't know do not really work since I don't want to be that annoying person that talks to everyone for no apparent reason. Most of the people at my school already have gangs so it's hard to randomly befriend them.

Anyways, thank you for your help guys. But like I said, I am not looking to see a doctor. I want to overcome this issue by myself.

northy
December 29th, 2015, 06:05 PM
Hey guys!
I don't have a real diagnostic of social anxiety by a doctor, but I have many symptoms. I am not really looking to see a doctor about it and would prefer to resolve it myself. I was wondering what exactly are you supposed to do to overcome social anxiety. I read about the subject and people mostly suggest that you should try to expose yourself to anxiety prone situations. However, I don't want to seem like a fool either. See, I don't really have an issue with people I know. I am an extrovert with friends but I get really shy when I am with new people. So, suggestions to talk to these people at school that I don't know do not really work since I don't want to be that annoying person that talks to everyone for no apparent reason. Most of the people at my school already have gangs so it's hard to randomly befriend them.

Anyways, thank you for your help guys. But like I said, I am not looking to see a doctor. I want to overcome this issue by myself.
Um, this is a tricky one. The best thing to do, I find is to think of something worse whilst you are in a situation that can trigger your anxiety. I would recommend seeing a doctor, but I know how you feel as I haven't seen one either, too scared. I hope someone else can give better advice than this, mine is awful.