PDA

View Full Version : Experience with Impingements?

StoppingTom
December 28th, 2015, 06:11 PM
So three days ago, I thought I pulled a muscle in my leg badly, and limped around in pain for the rest of the night. Fast forward to now, the pain is still as strong, and I'm still limping. It feels like an ice pick is going through my groin where my hip and leg meet, all the way through my butt. I have a history of lower back pain as well, and just based on my rudimentary research, an FAI (Femoroacetabular Impingement) seems pretty possible. Problem is, my parents are always super reluctant to take me to doctors, even when I'm limping around.

If you have any experience with this kind of injury, is what I'm describing accurate for the injury? This hurts like crazy.

Skywalker007
December 30th, 2015, 05:24 PM
If it really hurts that bad you should definitely consult a doctor. It's very hard to diagnose something via the internet and in the end it's mostly something completely else than expected and in your case with the described symptoms it could be either something relatively harmless or something really bad and between those two only a doctor who has seen it in person can tell which case it is. So just go and see a doctor before it gets even worse.