PDA

View Full Version : Artists and ideas please!

Splat
December 28th, 2015, 04:53 PM
I'm doing my Art GCSE but I need lots more coursework before 4th January!!
Can any fellow artists (or any other art enthusiasts) give me some ideas and interesting artists.

My themes are still life in the home and animals.

Cheers!

Splat x

Salad_Baby
December 28th, 2015, 05:55 PM
I did Art GCSE too.

With the theme combination you've suggested, I think doing still life drawings of any household pets you might have would be your best shot. I personally did cartoons, so art wise, I sadly can't give many tips.. Maybe try and make them a bit more.. unique? Like instead of having the pets in regular poses, have them doing something mischievous or bad, like knocking over a piece of furniture or ripping up some homework.

I don't know. Hope this helps.

Splat
December 28th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Well, it doesn't have to be house animals. They are actually two separate themes. So for example, for animals I have tackled both land and sea. For still life I've done anything in my house - lamps, clocks, toys, books etc.
Thanks for the cartoon suggesion - I'll have a look into that.

Salad_Baby
December 29th, 2015, 02:00 PM
Well, it doesn't have to be house animals. They are actually two separate themes. So for example, for animals I have tackled both land and sea. For still life I've done anything in my house - lamps, clocks, toys, books etc.
Thanks for the cartoon suggesion - I'll have a look into that.

Oh, I thought it was just a single theme - my mistake. And yeah, I guess you could try and do cartoons, but I'm not sure how that would fit in with still-life, seeing as that's meant to be quite 'realistic'. It could work quite well with animals though.

Splat
December 29th, 2015, 03:51 PM
No worries! Thanks for the idea!