PDA

View Full Version : Constipation?

Vanilla Cupcake
December 28th, 2015, 02:48 PM
I have a problem with going number two. Sometimes I can't go for a week or more and sometimes I know it's there but I hold it in.
Why do I do this? It makes my tummy hurt but I just hate going sometimes.
Does anyone have an answer for this? :confused:

zack.zack
December 28th, 2015, 02:51 PM
You shouldnt hold back if you feel you have to go, its not good for you and could be the cause of your constipation. For those times when you feel you cant go, you could always try taking a tablespoon of olive oil, that always helps me when I cant go, but I would probably talk to a doctor about it if its that bad.

Vanilla Cupcake
December 28th, 2015, 03:22 PM
You shouldnt hold back if you feel you have to go, its not good for you and could be the cause of your constipation. For those times when you feel you cant go, you could always try taking a tablespoon of olive oil, that always helps me when I cant go, but I would probably talk to a doctor about it if its that bad.

Ok I will try the olive oil. Thanks Zack!

zack.zack
December 28th, 2015, 03:24 PM
Youre welcome, I hope it works for you.

BlackParadePixie
December 28th, 2015, 06:56 PM
what's your diet like? Do you eat regularly?

Porpoise101
December 28th, 2015, 07:06 PM
Maybe you should consider increasing your fiber intake. It is important for digestion.

Elysium
December 28th, 2015, 07:14 PM
Maybe you should consider increasing your fiber intake. It is important for digestion.
This. Fiber's pretty important. If you don't have enough in your diet, you could try a vitamin or fiber supplement. You could also take stool softeners/laxatives, which would work with or without your cooperation, but try not to rely on them.

NeuroTiger
December 28th, 2015, 08:15 PM
I'll advise to include fibres (apples will do the job) and drink a lot of water.
The olive oil remedy is good also.
And do make an effort to pass it. Else, immediately see a doctor.

Vanilla Cupcake
December 29th, 2015, 02:27 AM
My diet is good, I do get a good amount of fibre and all I drink is water so that's all good.
I wonder if it's anxiety?

Vermilion
December 29th, 2015, 02:38 AM
That could be part of it

amgb
December 29th, 2015, 06:25 PM
If you've been holding it in, that could be part of it. A lack of physical activity could be a part of it too, maybe? Have you been taking any medications? The constipation could be a side effect of that. Also, did the olive oil work? I'm not sure about anxiety being a part of it, I don't have experience with constipation problems. I reckon the best person to go to would be a doctor. But make sure not to hold it in okay? Go as soon as you need to go.

CuteGuy889
December 30th, 2015, 06:21 PM
When I was 10-12y I was constipated...mainly cos I ate much junk food with less fibre...I had to be taken to GP to have a suppository/ small enema inserted...I remember riding home just in my undies seated on a plastic lining on my mom's car in case the suppository acts too fast.!!!(It actually did once)..
It got worse and I had a pile too....I was given a cream by the doc...

Now I eat fruits etc a bit more and that problem is gone...

xXoblivionXx
December 31st, 2015, 08:16 PM
This. Fiber's pretty important. If you don't have enough in your diet, you could try a vitamin or fiber supplement. You could also take stool softeners/laxatives, which would work with or without your cooperation, but try not to rely on them.

there are natural ways along with a ton of different stuff that you can find over the counter. flax seeds and fruit are more natural ways to help regulate your fiber intake but if you go to a pharmacy and ask the pharmacist they will be able to help you choose the right one

Vanilla Cupcake
January 3rd, 2016, 01:46 AM
I've been taking cod liver oil pills and it helped within a day so let's hope it continues. :)

Uniquemind
January 3rd, 2016, 02:28 AM
You have to eat fruits and veggies constantly and daily.

If you need to adopt a smoothie diet to get that in there because you don't like chewing veggies do that.

I rather like my 80% liquid smoothie diet, it's convenient and fast and can be eaten in class from a thermos with no complaints by any of my teachers because they think it's water.

I only eat solids like at a restaurant or something.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 3rd, 2016, 02:47 AM
You have to eat fruits and veggies constantly and daily.

If you need to adopt a smoothie diet to get that in there because you don't like chewing veggies do that.

I rather like my 80% liquid smoothie diet, it's convenient and fast and can be eaten in class from a thermos with no complaints by any of my teachers because they think it's water.

I only eat solids like at a restaurant or something.

Interesting that you say that because I actually drink smoothies with protein and greens for two meals out of the three every day.
I agree it's convenient and fast. I also drink mainly water and avoid dairy because that causes me more constipation.

Uniquemind
January 3rd, 2016, 01:33 PM
Interesting that you say that because I actually drink smoothies with protein and greens for two meals out of the three every day.
I agree it's convenient and fast. I also drink mainly water and avoid dairy because that causes me more constipation.

Then holding it in and not listening to your body's natural urge to go was probably the primary cause.

Holding it in compresses everything together making it build up and get denser and the longer the crap stays bunched in your large intestine the more the stool gets dehydrated making it more rock like.

It's very important to go to the ladies room when your body says so.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 3rd, 2016, 01:44 PM
Then holding it in and not listening to your body's natural urge to go was probably the primary cause.

Holding it in compresses everything together making it build up and get denser and the longer the crap stays bunched in your large intestine the more the stool gets dehydrated making it more rock like.

It's very important to go to the ladies room when your body says so.

Yes I know it's important. I do go most times, but sometimes I hold it and don't realize I'm holding it, I'm not sure if that makes any sense, it's hard to explain.

Maybe I get to caught up in what I'm doing and then the feeling just goes away.

Uniquemind
January 3rd, 2016, 02:09 PM
Yes I know it's important. I do go most times, but sometimes I hold it and don't realize I'm holding it, I'm not sure if that makes any sense, it's hard to explain.

Oh I've done that, especially when I'm busy writing essays for schoolwork.

Well yeah it's a learning experience, listening and recognizing body sensations and their meaning. In busy lives we tend to dull our senses to these but it's important we don't.

Use the olive oil trick for now just don't rely on it and continue to ignore the body.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 3rd, 2016, 02:12 PM
Oh I've done that, especially when I'm busy writing essays for schoolwork.

Well yeah it's a learning experience, listening and recognizing body sensations and their meaning. In busy lives we tend to dull our senses to these but it's important we don't.

Use the olive oil trick for now just don't rely on it and continue to ignore the body.

Thanks Uniquemind, I will do that! :P

northy
January 3rd, 2016, 02:48 PM
There will be an underlying cause, so it's probably best if you go and see your doctor.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 4th, 2016, 07:33 PM
There will be an underlying cause, so it's probably best if you go and see your doctor.

I have seen my doctor and she has no answers aside from what's already been said.

I just really have to be careful what I eat and keep on top of all that.
I may also have some scar tissue in there that's messing with my intestine.
I had a ruptured appendix when I was younger and I read it can cause scarring inside.

I also just read about a potty stool and it's used to align things inside so it comes out smoothly. Lol

Uniquemind
January 5th, 2016, 05:36 AM
I have seen my doctor and she has no answers aside from what's already been said.

I just really have to be careful what I eat and keep on top of all that.
I may also have some scar tissue in there that's messing with my intestine.
I had a ruptured appendix when I was younger and I read it can cause scarring inside.

I also just read about a potty stool and it's used to align things inside so it comes out smoothly. Lol

I'm of the unorthodox view that the appendix still does something for us.

But yeah just play it safe and scar tissue...yup that'll complicate things.

Harrier
January 5th, 2016, 06:27 AM
I've been taking cod liver oil pills and it helped within a day so let's hope it continues. :)

Happy its better. Keep doing whatever works. I think it's cool you asked this question here. I could never talk to my friends or parents about this. Idk much about how all this works lol. I do know that when you have to poop but you can't that really sucks! But that rarely happens to me, my thing is that I usually don't go every day. In fact I usually go like only 2-3 times per week. And even when I see my doctor for my yearly physical and he asks if I poo daily I lie lol. I don't really mind but I often wonder if I'm not healthy. And I eat lots and often eat really healthy.

Vanilla Cupcake
January 5th, 2016, 09:33 AM
I'm of the unorthodox view that the appendix still does something for us.

But yeah just play it safe and scar tissue...yup that'll complicate things.

I think it probably does something too, I'm not sure what though. What do you think it does?

Vanilla Cupcake
January 5th, 2016, 09:36 AM
Happy its better. Keep doing whatever works. I think it's cool you asked this question here. I could never talk to my friends or parents about this. Idk much about how all this works lol. I do know that when you have to poop but you can't that really sucks! But that rarely happens to me, my thing is that I usually don't go every day. In fact I usually go like only 2-3 times per week. And even when I see my doctor for my yearly physical and he asks if I poo daily I lie lol. I don't really mind but I often wonder if I'm not healthy. And I eat lots and often eat really healthy.

Thankyou, and that's what I love about this site is that we can ask all those embarrassing questions lol. 2-3 isn't too bad, I guess 1 a day would be ideal.

sabbi
January 20th, 2016, 11:56 AM

The exact same with me so you are not alone if that's any consolation.

shirashayna
August 23rd, 2017, 10:25 AM
My parents have always just given me a Gycerin Suppository or an enema for constipation. Not always the greatest personal experience, kinda embarrassing, but in 10 or 15 minutes, problem solved immediately!

Endeavour
August 23rd, 2017, 10:59 AM
My parents have always just given me a Gycerin Suppository or an enema for constipation. Not always the greatest personal experience, kinda embarrassing, but in 10 or 15 minutes, problem solved immediately!

Please don't bump old threads. :locked: