PDA

View Full Version : Requiescat in Percocet (RIP)

phuckphace
December 28th, 2015, 10:37 AM
gather 'round kids, it's story time!

so earlier this year I met a guy at work, we'll call him Tristan, who liked to get high on opiates about as much as I like to post about Hitler (a lot). I rather foolishly bought weed from him a few times, a mistake I won't be making in the future. like all opiate addicts, his favorite pasttimes included gobbling pills, talking about pills, hustlin for pills, crushing and smoking pills, and presumably dreaming about pills. as everyone is hopefully aware, opiate narcotics are extremely addictive and, even in pure prescription form like Tristin's favorite Oxycontin and Percocet, overdoses leading to dirt dreams and soil slumbers are quite common.

the addiction is particularly insidious because of the way it literally takes over your life to the point where you're unable to think of anything else, and this leads to sociopathic behavior like pretending to be "chill" and friendly with people in order to obtain more pills, directly or indirectly. this is exactly what Tristan did to me - he was very friendly and fun to be around, and if he hadn't chosen to brag every 10 seconds about his opiate habit, you wouldn't even realize you were talking to a drug addict. he took advantage of my trust and friendship to rip me off not once but twice, the second time under the pretense of paying off a fine to avoid going to jail again. after I "loaned" him fifty bucks, he blew town and I never saw him again. I later found out he moved back to his hometown a couple states away.

of course, after I realized I'd been bamboozled big time, I started to plan his gruesome demise after I acquire absolute power, but then realized that it probably wouldn't be necessary since ol' Darwin would likely beat me to it. and sure enough, yesterday I slapped Tristan's full name into Google, and the first result was his obituary in his town's local paper. WELP.

it's an odd feeling knowing that someone I chilled with almost every day at work only six months ago is now in a casket somewhere (not the Elysian poppy fields he was hoping for). a friendly warning from your Phührer - don't make the mistake I did of trying to reason with a drug addict, as they will always ignore your advice. never trust them, and never associate with them - they're conniving wretches and utterly soulless.

tl;dr - I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Jinglebottom
December 28th, 2015, 10:57 AM
Huh, well that's... spooky. I'm sorry you were taken advantage of, but I'm even sorrier for the other guy. What a sad life he must have led.

northy
December 29th, 2015, 06:09 PM
@phuckface, your life is full of sad events. ::Hugs::

phuckphace
December 29th, 2015, 06:18 PM
I'm certainly not out for sympathy for myself - I was an idiot for trusting him and I consider the money I lost to be a lesson learned. although I'm going to sound like a soulless bastard here, I have no sympathy for the departed Tristan either. it's not like he didn't understand the risks of opiates (he even mentioned having lost a couple friends to overdoses before). live by the pill, die by the pill.

I buy hydrocodone tablets once in a blue moon for tooth pain (my cavities occasionally flare up and hurt like a motherfucker) but they also scare me as much as they help. you have to be a special kind of moron to pop a handful of these at a time. yeesh