PDA

View Full Version : Addictions forum

Fiction
December 28th, 2015, 07:27 AM
I think it's become quite clear from the addictions counter posted in the alcohol, drugs and meds forum that there are quite a few of us who feel reliant on various substances.

I think it would be good if there was perhaps a forum for this in the psych ward. I know there is the alcohol, drugs and mess sub forum but talk about addictions is quite a different topic to "what was your first experience drunk", and other similar questions.

Just a thought. I think if there was an individual sub forum for it it might encourage more of a community spirit amongst those coping with the same things. Similar to what I've always found in the SH sub-forum.

kryptonite
December 30th, 2015, 07:54 PM
I think the bigger question is why are so many young people getting drunk, then I realize the legal age in some countries is 18, so that's akin to a 19 year old USA resident getting drunk. I feel a bit concerned that some of these 16 year-olds are in the USA.

:(

Deleted User
December 31st, 2015, 11:39 AM
I think the bigger question is why are so many young people getting drunk, then I realize the legal age in some countries is 18, so that's akin to a 19 year old USA resident getting drunk. I feel a bit concerned that some of these 16 year-olds are in the USA.

:(

Why minors drink under the legal age isn't really the question of this thread. That's a whole separate issue with many different answers. And very few have to do with geography.

That said, I don't know if really merging the topics really fits its own subcategory? People do get enough traffic and answers the way things are now without having a dedicated forum. I mean, I see nothing wrong with the idea but I also dunno if there's much reason or need to change it now.