PDA

View Full Version : Is this sexual assault?

con99
December 27th, 2015, 10:27 PM
Well I don't really know where to start... it was my 3 year old brother's birthday party last week and my cousin (female, 15 - let's call her S) came along. I ended up staying at her house and she brought a friend (male, 17 - let's call him B) around.

We went for a walk and my cousin went one way while me and B went another. We arranged to meet S near the entrance to a local nature reserve.

While we were waiting for S, I was quite close to B while we were talking as due to the noise, I couldn't hear him. He grabbed my arms and went to kiss me pushing his lips on mine before I restrained him (I'm a former Police Cadet.)

I know it fits the law on sexual assault in the UK (Sec 3(1) Sexual Offences Act 2003) but what do you think?

Con x

Splat
December 28th, 2015, 10:38 AM
Crikey, did you tell your cousin?

Shiny Moon
December 28th, 2015, 12:46 PM
Forced kissing is considered sexual assault, so yeah, you've been sexually assaulted.

con99
December 28th, 2015, 01:04 PM
Crikey, did you tell your cousin?

I did and she was like 'that's not something he'd do.' I'm annoyed as anything. :mad:

Forced kissing is considered sexual assault, so yeah, you've been sexually assaulted.

Cheers, Shiny Moon. X

Uniquemind
December 29th, 2015, 04:53 AM
It sucks but not much you can do, just don't be alone with him and always have you're guard up around him.

The reason I say this is you have no evidence or witnesses on your side, you're a police cadet you know where the burden of proof resides with in court.

SethfromMI
December 29th, 2015, 09:12 AM
As Uniquemind says being able to prove it is not going to work. It is your word against his. Is it technically sexual assault? yes technically, but c'mon man. as uncomfortable as it was and even though it was not wanted, are you going to ruin the poor guys life over one unwanted kiss? he probably does not know how to handle his feelings towards guys. I can completely understand why you are upset, you have every right to be, but just try to let it go and not be alone around him

The Byrd
December 29th, 2015, 02:14 PM
If you feel assaulted then yes it is. If it didn't really bother you too much then I wouldn't say it is

northy
December 29th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Yes, but it would be difficult to prove in court. The system needs fixing for times like this, but also so that it can't be abused.

con99
December 30th, 2015, 12:53 PM
It sucks but not much you can do, just don't be alone with him and always have you're guard up around him.

The reason I say this is you have no evidence or witnesses on your side, you're a police cadet you know where the burden of proof resides with in court.

Yep - there's no ideal solution in terms of the law, I guess.

As Uniquemind says being able to prove it is not going to work. It is your word against his. Is it technically sexual assault? yes technically, but c'mon man. as uncomfortable as it was and even though it was not wanted, are you going to ruin the poor guys life over one unwanted kiss? he probably does not know how to handle his feelings towards guys. I can completely understand why you are upset, you have every right to be, but just try to let it go and not be alone around him

I get you, I'm just going to stay away from him for now.

If you feel assaulted then yes it is. If it didn't really bother you too much then I wouldn't say it is

It just didn't feel right - I'm just not used to that sort of thing; don't get me wrong, I'm all for equal rights but it just didn't seem right for me.

Yes, but it would be difficult to prove in court. The system needs fixing for times like this, but also so that it can't be abused.

There's no ideal solution, I s'pose.