PDA

View Full Version : Okay

munchausen
December 27th, 2015, 02:41 PM
I am severely anxious; with no triggers that I can make sense of. No focus on anything specific and no way to mediate it. I have no idea why I am anxious I just am, and not the foggiest idea what to do about it in a way that even resembles a healthy approach.

I have no idea what to do about this.

Microcosm
December 27th, 2015, 04:56 PM
I am severely anxious; with no triggers that I can make sense of. No focus on anything specific and no way to mediate it. I have no idea why I am anxious I just am, and not the foggiest idea what to do about it in a way that even resembles a healthy approach.

I have no idea what to do about this.

You should try some relaxation methods first. Like mindful breathing or take a bath. Light some candles or something. maybe meditate, watch a nice movie, play a relaxing or casual video game that will not anger you, exercise, go for a walk or jog.

Set aside some time strictly for this purpose, time strictly for yourself and your relaxation. Affirm to yourself silently or out loud that, for the next hour or two, you will have no obligations or responsibilities and that time is set aside just for you.

Do this whenever you feel anxious and have free time.

Fiction
December 28th, 2015, 07:32 AM
None of the suggestions above are bad ones, but I have a feeling you're looking for something more long term. Although honestly, mindfulness was a life saver when my anxiety was really bad. It can just stop an anxious mood from escalating or getting worse and there's loads of apps you can get (not sure about on your weird phone though...).

Like we've said before I think you need to see someone about this, the last thing we need is you slipping into old habits and the last thing I want is to see you go through all that again.

You know I'm always a phone call away x hopefully things will get better over the next few weeks when we're back into a routine. Besides we have a lot to look forward too over the next few weeks :)

We'll set aside some time to talk about this later. X

P.S. Next time I see you I'll be making lots of chamomile tea