PDA

View Full Version : Removing posts from banned members

redrider12
December 27th, 2015, 01:58 PM
Okay guys/gals -
So I was reading through some of the P101 and other sub-forums and I noticed that there were several threads still open in which a direct question had been asked by an OP who had been banned. Is there a reason they are left up, seeing as the OP (who queried in the first place) can no longer respond to them?

Endeavour
December 27th, 2015, 02:05 PM
Usually if a person is banned within their first few days of joining, the thread is locked by a mod like here:
http://www.virtualteen.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2023691

redrider12
December 27th, 2015, 02:06 PM
Locked, but still present. Or in most cases, not even locked

azure moonstone
December 27th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Okay guys/gals -
So I was reading through some of the P101 and other sub-forums and I noticed that there were several threads still open in which a direct question had been asked by an OP who had been banned. Is there a reason they are left up, seeing as the OP (who queried in the first place) can no longer respond to them?

If you have an example, I'll definitely look into it. I know sometimes those things are missed because members get banned for things that have nothing to do with their posts...or we don't automatically lock things because they are old threads and would be considered a bump (we don't count on those threads being posted in again anyways).

It's also a good idea to report something like this, or contact a moderator if you think it shouldn't be there. :)

Living For Love
December 27th, 2015, 03:07 PM
Also, some threads are left open after the OP has been banned because those threads are still relevant and are general impersonal topics, this is, threads that are not related to the OP himself/herself.

northy
December 27th, 2015, 03:16 PM
This is something I've noticed as well. Somewhat frustrating because I write a long answer or advice and then realise that they were banned. You can't even see that they were banned on tapatalk. Perhaps when someone is banned, a script could run to append a message saying BANNED AS OF (DATE) at the top of all of their posts.

azure moonstone
December 27th, 2015, 03:53 PM
You can't even see that they were banned on tapatalk.

Tapatalk is a third party app, and I'm pretty sure we can't control how things are displayed through their format. I'm confident we would find some way to do that if we could (I know that members have had problems in the past with using Tapatalk).

(Someone else on staff please correct me if I am wrong)