PDA

View Full Version : guilt in a present

thatgothgirluknow
December 24th, 2015, 10:18 PM
so i got my present early on christmas eve like always it was amazing it was an art kit with 18 pencils and erasers in a carrier but then there was a knife a putty knife of course with blades exactly like what i used to hurt myself i feel like crap for taking such a amazing gift and turning it into something so horrible but tomorrow im going to the soup kitchen and im scared of being around so many people and the stress is always there just like last time

Microcosm
December 24th, 2015, 10:45 PM
thatgothgirluknow,

Hey :)

The present reminded you of a horrible past, but you really can't live in the past if you want to be happy! It is sometimes very difficult to put the past behind you, but that is what you have to make an effort to do.

City Kid
December 26th, 2015, 06:31 PM
The way I see it you've come a long way. What you used to use to do something destructive, you now use to create something.
The important thing now is, do you think this blade could cause you to relapse? In that case I'd encourage you to get rid of it. I know it's a present and all, but right now your health is way more important than manners. And I'm sure that the person who gave it to you would understand that if they knew.