PDA

View Full Version : A Late-Night Thought: Self-Confidence

Microcosm
December 24th, 2015, 02:41 AM
Self-confidence is everything. Most social problems really do boil down to just having confidence in yourself.

If you're getting bullied at school, is it not true that a great deal of self confidence can effectively destroy the bully's advances on your emotions? Build a wall and protect your mind and feelings, staking a flag atop that wall that reads "Self-Confidence" in bold letters.

If you are depressed, cultivating self-confidence can really help you.

For some, they are born with a gift of self confidence. For others, it must be cultivated and developed. If you are reading this message and you are a developing teen who may or may not have low self confidence, please read up on the subject. It is incredibly important in today's world to be able to believe in yourself. Look for resources online and perhaps buy books about it. Meditate on it. It is probably the wisest investment into your future self that you can possibly make.

amgb
December 26th, 2015, 11:38 PM
With self-confidence, we cultivate greater acceptance of ourselves as the unique individual we are, and in turn slowly replace low self-esteem and self-loathing with self love. Growth is slow sometimes and does come with painful experiences, so it's not easy. But it happens and it happens step by step.

Thank you for this message. I do like reading up on self-confidence tips, and I'm working on it. I hope everyone can work on themselves too:)